Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Workout programs?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you do any workout programs.  I've done Insanity and want to try something else, any ideas?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seegrace
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM

My favorite workout is cardio kickboxing.  But I haven't done any via home workout programs. There is a fantastic karate/kickboxing school in my town.  I signed up for the cardio kickboxing and fell in love. I thought I was active and pretty healthy before my first class (I'm an avid walker) but after a few classes I had sore muscles that I didn't even know existed!  It hurt just to sit down.. LOL.  Haven't been able to re-sign this year because its very pricey; but am planning on re-joining probably late spring.  Good luck - report back if you find anything good. 

mrswillie
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I have done EA Active and Insanity. I also have a treadmill, elliptical, bowflex and stationary bike.

mp3mom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I know there are things on YouTube & On Demand; also I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/fitness/

Quoting Kainalu55:

Do you do any workout programs.  I've done Insanity and want to try something else, any ideas?

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:25 AM

We have a bowflex and elliptical that never gets used!  I need to start using my elliptical, I've used it once and I feel like it was such a waste of mioney

Quoting mrswillie:

I have done EA Active and Insanity. I also have a treadmill, elliptical, bowflex and stationary bike.

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Sounds fun!

Quoting seegrace:

My favorite workout is cardio kickboxing.  But I haven't done any via home workout programs. There is a fantastic karate/kickboxing school in my town.  I signed up for the cardio kickboxing and fell in love. I thought I was active and pretty healthy before my first class (I'm an avid walker) but after a few classes I had sore muscles that I didn't even know existed!  It hurt just to sit down.. LOL.  Haven't been able to re-sign this year because its very pricey; but am planning on re-joining probably late spring.  Good luck - report back if you find anything good. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:11 AM

I've done Insanity as well...fun but tough!  Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper make some great workout DVDs...I've done a lot of them.  I'm more of a runner though:)

mrswillie
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I had to force myself to start exercising regularly. That was a few years ago. Now I feel guilty if I don't.

Quoting Kainalu55:

We have a bowflex and elliptical that never gets used!  I need to start using my elliptical, I've used it once and I feel like it was such a waste of mioney

Quoting mrswillie:

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I love fast-paced workouts and I love TurboFire. 

mcginnisc
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I've done: P90, P90X, Turbo Jam, Yoga Booty Ballet, Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity, and Asylum... I've also done the 30 Day Shred, Yoga Meltdown, Shred and Shed, Tae Bo, and a Bob Harper DVD... I'm a runner so I also use my treadmill, lift weights, etc... I am now going to the gym as I'm getting my ACSM Certifications. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM

No programs here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN