Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Healthy Walmart Grocery Hall

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 32 Replies

Here's a video someone shared on how to shop at stores like Walmart and still buy healthy items.  Check it out.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Bump to watch later!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:26 AM

why wouldn't you be able to shop healthy at wal-mart?

Wish2Be
A mommy to the best little boy in the world !
Friday at 10:01 PM
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I shop at walmart all the time :)

You really get more for your money there. Unfortunately for produce ...its not the  best. I prefer farmers markets.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Cool!  Thanks for sharing!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Yep...true!

Quoting timon95:

elasmimi
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here.

Quoting Wish2Be:

I shop at walmart all the time :)

You really get more for your money there. Unfortunately for produce ...its not the  best. I prefer farmers markets.

amberstars
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Yeah but fresh produce doesn't keep very long which sucks.  Like the mooz (banana in Arabic is 'mooz') you would have to buy like every week since they are only good for so long.  Some people can only shop once a month and have a limited budget to spend a month on food and other groceries.  The only thing I've seen organic at walmart is a can of tomato paste.  But then that was a fluke anyway as I was looking for the Smuckers jelly. 

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

reneawesley
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
You can shop healthy pretty much anywhere. However some feel that since they don't have access to farmers markets or health food stores that they are limited to buying more processed and non healthy food. I shared this video for people who said they only have access to stores like Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc for grocery shopping.

Quoting timon95:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I thought Walmart was pretty standardized? I see it depends on where you live. That sucks.

Quoting amberstars:

Yeah but fresh produce doesn't keep very long which sucks.  Like the mooz (banana in Arabic is 'mooz') you would have to buy like every week since they are only good for so long.  Some people can only shop once a month and have a limited budget to spend a month on food and other groceries.  The only thing I've seen organic at walmart is a can of tomato paste.  But then that was a fluke anyway as I was looking for the Smuckers jelly. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)