Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

To those who have dealt with NoroVirus this year...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 33 Replies

How does it work?  Last year it seemed like very frequent vomiting for 6 hours and then stomach pains.

What about this year?

I'm asking because my son got sick at school about an hour ago.  He's home now and hasn't gotten sick again, yet.  

I have really bad emetophobia, fear of vomiting, so I'm in a state of panic right now.  I just want to know kinda what I'm in store for.  Is this going to be random, I have no idea when he's going to get sick type thing.  Or is the vomiting just a part of it and then changes over to something else?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyingMommy747
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM

My DD had it back in December.  Stick to a bland diet, Gatoraide, clear broth, rice or hot tea.  Once my DD started with that, she did not throw up anymore.

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Thank you.

Quoting FlyingMommy747:

My DD had it back in December.  Stick to a bland diet, Gatoraide, clear broth, rice or hot tea.  Once my DD started with that, she did not throw up anymore.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

Samanthamommy
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope it was just a fluke and he feels better.

Melissa823
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM

This works for me every time:

http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/01/stomach-bug-prevention-trick-every-mom.html

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I vomited pretty much non-stop for 36 hours. If I laid still I was ok, but if I moved at all I'd be sick. I'd dry heave if I had no fluids in me. 

DD got it and vomited twice and was done.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM

My DS and I got sick about 3-4 times and then it switched to diarrhea.  Good luck, momma!

reneawesley
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Good luck

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you to everyone who replied.  It's been 5 hours and he hasn't gotten sick again.  He drank some water and ate a piece of toast a couple hours ago.  We tried to get him to eat something small before going up to bed but he refused.  I think it was partially because his brothers got cookies and he couldn't have one.  

Hopefully the night goes well and I can get him to eat something tomorrow.  Other than breakfast and a piece of toast he hasn't eaten today.  :-/

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I spoke to soon, he just got sick again.
4kidz916
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Poor little guy.  I hope he'll be better soon.  Our pediatrician has always said after my kids vomit (especially if it's a stomach bug) don't offer food for a good 7 hours.  He said it takes that long for the stomach to settle.  During that time he says to offer something to drink to avoid dehydration and after the 7 hours to start offering very soft, bland foods.  Avoid dairy and a lot of sugary foods for several days even after vomiting has stopped. 

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I spoke to soon, he just got sick again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN