Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Water Fasting. . . Do you dare?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 71 Replies

So ladies what is your opinion on water fasting? I have done water fasting with the approval of my doctor and I lost 2 pounds a day. I drank a ton of water and I felt amazing. My skin, my hair, my energy everything was rejuvenated it seemed. Now I know there are some woman out there that think this is ridicules as does my husband. . . but for the ladies that have done it. What is your input on this topic?

EDIT: Before anyone attempts a water fast, I strongly encourage you to do your research and consult with your doctor. There are numerous YouTube videos with people sharing there water fasting journey with you and it is interesting to watch ^_^ Thank you all for your opinion and advice. I enjoyed chatting with you ladies.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyloveCeide
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Are you serious? How long did you fast and why? 

MrsShipley21
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I actually did a lot of research on this before I attempted it and my doctor was informed and checked up on me regularly. I am also a stay at home mom so this is how I got the chance to try it. Because you need to be able to rest allot and drink so so so so much water! It cleanses your insides. It washes out all the toxins in your body from all the bad food we eat. I fasted for 7 days and then tried it for 10. That is the most I can go some women can do it for a month. You also cannot be super skinny. I mean I had meat on me I could stand losing. But I lost 2 pounds a day and after the fast you break the fasting with watermelon. Then you move your way up to other fruits then veggies then normal food but not fatty food or you can gain it back. I also starting exercising and managed to keep to weight off ^_^ It is hard and sometimes you just cave but I mastered it and I was so proud of myself because I fought temptation and I had self discipline. You think about food constantly like an addiction and I was able to notice how I would run to food every time I was bored or mad or sad. This helped me control that.

Quoting LadyloveCeide:

Are you serious? How long did you fast and why? 

mommaTLC186
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I don't think I could make it to 7 days. I've done it for 2 but after that I needed food! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsShipley21
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Girl it took me a couple tries but I was so anxious to see what it was like for a few days. So I would just smell my kids food and ask them how it tasted lol Then I would remember how I felt after I ate. . . Ugh like a pig. So that is what would stop me

Quoting mommaTLC186:

I don't think I could make it to 7 days. I've done it for 2 but after that I needed food! Lol

mommaTLC186
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:20 PM
In Sept I weighed 180, right now I weigh 145. I'd like to get down to 130-135... Maybe I'll try water fasting again...

Quoting MrsShipley21:

Girl it took me a couple tries but I was so anxious to see what it was like for a few days. So I would just smell my kids food and ask them how it tasted lol Then I would remember how I felt after I ate. . . Ugh like a pig. So that is what would stop me

Quoting mommaTLC186:

MrsShipley21
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Same here I am 130 I was 150 and I just needed something quick so I can be motivated to exercise after that. I definitely was. Let me know if you do try it I can talk with you when you do. You would only have to do it for 6 days. The first day never counts the second day is when you lose the 2 pounds. If you do not drink allot of water though you wont lose the weight. Watch youtube video on it and read about it. It is very interesting :)

Quoting mommaTLC186:

In Sept I weighed 180, right now I weigh 145. I'd like to get down to 130-135... Maybe I'll try water fasting again...

Quoting MrsShipley21:

Quoting mommaTLC186:

mommaTLC186
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I have been told that it is possible to drink too much water and I really don't like the bloated drowning feeling. Plus water is tasteless and of course that makes me want food lol I'm a major carb addict :( that is my biggest downfall

Quoting MrsShipley21:

Same here I am 130 I was 150 and I just needed something quick so I can be motivated to exercise after that. I definitely was. Let me know if you do try it I can talk with you when you do. You would only have to do it for 6 days. The first day never counts the second day is when you lose the 2 pounds. If you do not drink allot of water though you wont lose the weight. Watch youtube video on it and read about it. It is very interesting :)

Quoting mommaTLC186:

Quoting MrsShipley21:

Quoting mommaTLC186:

timon95
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM

have never tried it

MrsShipley21
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM

This is not for everyone doll. . . When your fasting it is required you drink plenty of water. I am 24 years old and extremely healthy. You need to consult with your doctor first. Girl I have a food addiction ^_^ I love my breads and sweets. I just wanted to learn some self control That is why I do the fasting. It gives me good discipline then when it is done I do not even want to fill myself up with all that junk. I am telling you go to youtube and watch the videos of it. Just type in water fasting. Some people like it some don't.

Quoting mommaTLC186:

I have been told that it is possible to drink too much water and I really don't like the bloated drowning feeling. Plus water is tasteless and of course that makes me want food lol I'm a major carb addict :( that is my biggest downfall

Quoting MrsShipley21:

Quoting mommaTLC186:

Quoting MrsShipley21:

Quoting mommaTLC186:

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I drink a 1/2 pot of coffee a day and then the rest of the day nothing but water. I lost over 60 pounds in just 3-4 months and all while eating. Water does flush you for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)