Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How healthy are you?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:53 AM
  • 21 Replies
How healthy do you consider yourself to be? On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself and share!
Of course being healthy is much more than your weight but how much muscle you have (vs the fat), what you put into your body, what activity you do, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lcherian
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I don't exercise, but I do eat pretty clean. Breakfast is stovetop oatmeal with coconut oil, flax seed and banana. Lunch is usually two eggs with veggies. Dinner is usually meat or fish with veggies. I drink a green smoothie daily and snack on fruits. I do not eat out, and I don't eat processed foods.
MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Maybe about a 6. Room for improvment but I am working on it.

jendawn1
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I would say a 6-7 depending on the week
I'm a lot healthier then I use to be before my dd. But I still struggle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I would say this as well.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Maybe about a 6. Room for improvment but I am working on it.

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I consider myself to be pretty healthy physically.  Mentally, not so much.

I eat a healthy vegan diet, drink water 90% of the time, I exercise about 6 days a week most weeks.  I have a fairly low body fat percentage, I am on the lower end of healthy weight on most charts but I'm not super sickly thin.  I'm really short, lol

I live a very sedentary lifestyle though, which isn't the greatest.  I try to get up and move around but I don't get up as much as I should.

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM

oh, I give myself a 5, I always give myself a 5.  I'm sure there is room for improvement somewhere.

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I'm probably a 5 or 6, I'd like to be better for sure.

Saphira1207
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM

O.o

If you're exercising 6 days a week most of the time you're not sedentary!.

And according to webmd a womans body fat percentage should be 21%-24% in order to keep our reproductive health at optimal.  That's what I'm shooting for myself.  A body fat % of about 21.  

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I eat a healthy vegan diet, drink water 90% of the time, I exercise about 6 days a week most weeks.  I have a fairly low body fat percentage, I am on the lower end of healthy weight on most charts but I'm not super sickly thin.  I'm really short, lol

I live a very sedentary lifestyle though, which isn't the greatest.  I try to get up and move around but I don't get up as much as I should.

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Probably a negative 2.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sedentary.  I sit on my butt all day long unless I am getting food for someone or going to the bathroom.  It's what I do.  I'm sitting/laying on the couch right now and have been pretty much non stop since 9am this morning.  That is sedentary.  I work out after 6pm so from 6:30 am until 6pm I do nothing :-)

I have a approximate body fat percentage of 20-21% so I have a low body fat percentage compared to a lot of people.

I feel like you had a problem with my reply :-/  It seemed fine to me, I think I'm doing pretty good.

Quoting Saphira1207:

O.o

If you're exercising 6 days a week most of the time you're not sedentary!.

And according to webmd a womans body fat percentage should be 21%-24% in order to keep our reproductive health at optimal.  That's what I'm shooting for myself.  A body fat % of about 21.  

Quoting SabrinaLC:

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)