Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with cologne...

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband doesn't always wear cologne. He put some on today right before leaving the house to go to the grocery store.

While he was getting ready to go to the grocery store, I was taking our son upstairs for his nap. When I came back downstairs, I was 'hit in the head' with the smell of his cologne. Within minutes of being downstairs, I've gotten a pretty bad headache. Working on getting a migraine.

Is this because of my lack of being around cologne? or is it the cologne itself causing a migraine?

wedding countdown

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Replies (31-35):
mp3mom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I'm glad you're not offended ;) You're so right about people wearing too much of anything... I hate it in church! LOL!

Quoting printerr:

Neither one of your offended me.  I just think we each have our own experiences with it.  And trust me, there are people who wear way too much of some things and some of those scents DO give me a headache!   

Quoting Basherte:

Yeah.  I used to walk through the mall when I was a teen and just have to make a wide path when some guys walked by.

I prefer to be able to smell it a few minutes after the man leaves the area, not hours. 

That doesn't mean that they didn't smell good. Just meant that they had used more than I like. 

I didn't mean to offend anyone either. I apologize.

Quoting mp3mom:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone; it must be popular... but you can imagine a carful of 15 year olds who've over-used, I'm sure, lol! It probably does smell nice... when used properly ;)

Quoting printerr:

My husband uses the Axe body spray.  I love it....he smells great!  My mom, on the other hand, who is very sensitive, has a hard time dealing with it when she visits and he sprays it on.

Quoting mp3mom:

I'm so sorry... I'm just *smiling*. My son had THE WORST cologne, I think it was AXE... I couldn't breathe. All his friends wore it, too. This was a couple of years ago~ I kid you not, I had to open all the windows in the house... and heaven FORBID I was driving them somewhere! IDK who told them, but all of a sudden, AXE was out... Whew! He's wearing Old Spice now... It's cute... it says something like... If your Grandfather weren't here, you wouldn't be wearing this... I'm getting it wrong, it was cute! Just tell him... Get him a new one! My hubby wouldn't care. He surly wouldn't want to smell offensive ;)

Quoting Basherte:

My husband doesn't always wear cologne. He put some on today right before leaving the house to go to the grocery store.

While he was getting ready to go to the grocery store, I was taking our son upstairs for his nap. When I came back downstairs, I was 'hit in the head' with the smell of his cologne. Within minutes of being downstairs, I've gotten a pretty bad headache. Working on getting a migraine.

Is this because of my lack of being around cologne? or is it the cologne itself causing a migraine?

Basherte
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Wearing a lot of perfume or cologne reminds me of "french whores"... French prostitutes didn't really wash in between their clients... they just sprayed more perfume on themselves to cover the scent of the last client. By the end of the night they smelled really bad and smelled as if they were living inside a bottle of perfume. 

I learned that from my one aunt. Then researched it later.

LOL

I don't know why that reminds me of that term. It is just the first thing that pops up in my mind.

Quoting mp3mom:

I'm glad you're not offended ;) You're so right about people wearing too much of anything... I hate it in church! LOL!

Quoting printerr:

Neither one of your offended me.  I just think we each have our own experiences with it.  And trust me, there are people who wear way too much of some things and some of those scents DO give me a headache!   

Quoting Basherte:

Yeah.  I used to walk through the mall when I was a teen and just have to make a wide path when some guys walked by.

I prefer to be able to smell it a few minutes after the man leaves the area, not hours. 

That doesn't mean that they didn't smell good. Just meant that they had used more than I like. 

Quoting mp3mom:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone; it must be popular... but you can imagine a carful of 15 year olds who've over-used, I'm sure, lol! It probably does smell nice... when used properly ;)

Quoting printerr:

My husband uses the Axe body spray.  I love it....he smells great!  My mom, on the other hand, who is very sensitive, has a hard time dealing with it when she visits and he sprays it on.

Quoting mp3mom:

I'm so sorry... I'm just *smiling*. My son had THE WORST cologne, I think it was AXE... I couldn't breathe. All his friends wore it, too. This was a couple of years ago~ I kid you not, I had to open all the windows in the house... and heaven FORBID I was driving them somewhere! IDK who told them, but all of a sudden, AXE was out... Whew! He's wearing Old Spice now... It's cute... it says something like... If your Grandfather weren't here, you wouldn't be wearing this... I'm getting it wrong, it was cute! Just tell him... Get him a new one! My hubby wouldn't care. He surly wouldn't want to smell offensive ;)

Quoting Basherte:

wedding countdown

Basherte
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad. :)

Quoting mp3mom:

:) you didn't offend me at all...

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting printerr:

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting Basherte:

wedding countdown

mp3mom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Oh...LOL!

Quoting Basherte:

Wearing a lot of perfume or cologne reminds me of "french whores"... French prostitutes didn't really wash in between their clients... they just sprayed more perfume on themselves to cover the scent of the last client. By the end of the night they smelled really bad and smelled as if they were living inside a bottle of perfume. 

I learned that from my one aunt. Then researched it later.

LOL

I don't know why that reminds me of that term. It is just the first thing that pops up in my mind.

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting printerr:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting printerr:

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting Basherte:

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I agree with the ladies that said it's the cologne itself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)