Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Your Grocery Store

click pic

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Replies (21-28):
RobynS
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Yup. I may eventually be able to 'reverse' some of my allergies (it's food toxicity, really, as opposed to an allergy). Fingers crossed!

Quoting mp3mom:

Are you allergic?

Quoting RobynS:

Yay! I can have everything except the tomatoes, yogurt, and blueberries. :)

mp3mom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM

That's interesting~ How do you reverse it?

Quoting RobynS:

Yup. I may eventually be able to 'reverse' some of my allergies (it's food toxicity, really, as opposed to an allergy). Fingers crossed!

Quoting mp3mom:

Are you allergic?

Quoting RobynS:

RobynS
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM

with supplements that 'heal the gut.' Apparently what has happened is that tiny bits of food have gotten into my blood stream over the years (through microscopic holes in the stomach). Since the blood doesn't recognize the food, it builds up antibodies against it and that's what causes the reaction.

So, if I heal my stomach, I should be able to eat the foods again without a reaction. I'm allergic to gluten (which is a whole different problem--I will never intentionally eat gluten again) and 36 other things. Urg. It's been a tough couple of years since I found all this out!

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting mp3mom:

Are you allergic?

Quoting RobynS:

cleanaturalady
by Kim on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

mp3mom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Wow~ In effect, was it an ulcer?

Quoting RobynS:

with supplements that 'heal the gut.' Apparently what has happened is that tiny bits of food have gotten into my blood stream over the years (through microscopic holes in the stomach). Since the blood doesn't recognize the food, it builds up antibodies against it and that's what causes the reaction.

So, if I heal my stomach, I should be able to eat the foods again without a reaction. I'm allergic to gluten (which is a whole different problem--I will never intentionally eat gluten again) and 36 other things. Urg. It's been a tough couple of years since I found all this out!

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting mp3mom:

Are you allergic?

Quoting RobynS:

RobynS
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM

No, I don't think so. The doc never said as much and my symptoms weren't even stomach-related. Insomnia, fatigue and depression were the reasons I got tested in the first place. Now, if I cheat and eat something I shouldn't (usually dairy), I will wake up the next day with a sore throat or stuffy nose. It's very strange.

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting mp3mom:

Are you allergic?

Quoting RobynS:

mp3mom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

That is weird; I'm glad you'll get better :)

Quoting RobynS:

No, I don't think so. The doc never said as much and my symptoms weren't even stomach-related. Insomnia, fatigue and depression were the reasons I got tested in the first place. Now, if I cheat and eat something I shouldn't (usually dairy), I will wake up the next day with a sore throat or stuffy nose. It's very strange.

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting mp3mom:

Are you allergic?

Quoting RobynS:

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM

If shells and cheese isn't on that list I'm not sure I want to look

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)