Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Help!:(

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have been stressing so much about my weight lately. My son is now 2 1/2 months old and I'm still not losing the extra weight! I used to weigh 125 pounds, now I weigh 160-165 just depends on the day. When I was pregnant EVERYONE told me the weight would just fall off right away but no it hasn't at all. I'm getting really tired of wearing my maternity pants cause I can't afford to go by new jeans that fit my huge butt now. I really hate this does anyone have this same problem or can you tell me what to do?!
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Your baby is still a new born.  My weight didn't really start coming off good until at least 6 months.  If your eating lots of living foods, and wholesome foods, don't worry.

timon95
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM

give it time. not everyone is the same and not everyone goes back to their pre-pregnancy weight/size as soon as they leave the hospital

countrygirlkat
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM

It can take awhile for sure.  I think many times as first time moms we think it will just kind of deflate when the baby comes and it can be hard to realize it is tougher then that.  At only 2.5 months post-partum you still have a lot of hormones going and things that can affect weight loss.  Then if you are breast feeding you can't go on a strict diet because you and the baby need nutrients.  I would just try to eat healthy and excercise when you can and give yourself time to adjust to being a mom before you start worrying too much about it.  Hugs. 

LOswald0314
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:41 AM

It took 9 months to put it on, at least give yourself that much time to work it off! At 2 months you could still be holding onto a lot of water weight.  Drink lots of water and go for walks with your baby.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:03 AM

I agree here.  Be patient mama...it will come off.  Make sure you're eating veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein.  Hugs and good luck!

Quoting LOswald0314:

It took 9 months to put it on, at least give yourself that much time to work it off! At 2 months you could still be holding onto a lot of water weight.  Drink lots of water and go for walks with your baby.

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM

with my first pregnancy everyone told me to eat whatever I wanted because I was pregnant.  They told me once he was born I would lose 20lbs immediately.  It didn't happen.

I gained almost 40lbs with my first son, I weighed 149 when I went in for my induction.  When I came home I was at 153.  It took almost 4 months to lose those 20lbs that were suppose to just drop off.  And then I struggled to lose the rest of my baby weight.  I got back to pre-pregnancy weight when my son was 15 months old.  I did end up gaining 10lbs back and then got pregnant again :-/

Give it time, your baby is still young.  What you eat, what you drink, how much you sleep and your activity level are all very important.  It's not going to be instant success, it takes time.  Keep working at it and the weight will come off.

Sisteract
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Do you live where you can get out and walk with the baby?

carolina_gal
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Walking can do wonders. Even if it's at the mall on a cold or rainy day.

Quoting Sisteract:

Do you live where you can get out and walk with the baby?

cara124
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM
17 years later I still have a few extra baby pounds I was never able to shed so u need to give yourself a few more months to she'd the weight & not compare yourself to your pre baby self
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I know it's frustrating, but I agree with the others. Do the best you can with healthy food chives and moderate exercise. And give yourself some time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)