Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Hit my first big goal (piog)

Posted by   + Show Post
So happy to share that I made it to my first big goal!! My youngest son is 6 months old today and the day I went to have him I was between 225 & 230. So part of my loss was baby and fluid, but I am at.....170!!!!!!

How?

I am not on a diet! I have changed my lifestyle...for good! I have not eliminated anything other than overly processed food. Thats gone! I still enjoy the same things, just in moderation. I still bake but instead of 5 cookies I have 1 or 2. This doesn't work for some people, but its the only way for me. I still make supper pretty much the same but I only have one serving of meat and only one helping if we have potatoes. I always have a vegetable with lunch and supper. My best friend has become GREEK YOGURT! I eat it every day. I read somewhere it helps with metabolism, but it also tastes amazing! My favorite is Oikos! It is usually one of my snacks. Healthy breakfast is also important. I like to have fiber and protein in the morning! Oatmeal, wheat toast, eggs, pb, etc. Oh and one thing that wasn't an issue for me, NO SODA! I do have water, tea(even sweet in moderation), & coffee. I try to walk at least 3 days/week, but i'm about to start more intense workouts!

What I stopped doing...

I stopped blaming it on genetics. Sure, I am not blood-related to any skinny women, but they are also all unhealthy. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, and many other things run thick in my family. So I decided I could sit back, be overweight, not care about myself, and be ill by 40 or I could stop it now!
I quit blaming my eating habits on my husband. The bottom line is...he's not putting the food in my mouth.
I quit using the excuse "its expensive" it's not...period.
I quit using the excuse " I don't have time." I make time.

I do not believe in diet pills or quick fixes. Just a healthy, active lifestyle!

Shortly after I got started I saw a quote that said "you can't take care of anyone else if you don't first take care of yourself." That hit home!

Down about 55 pounds and still going strong!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (11-19):
lusso303
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Well done you I have also lost 73lbs it feels great x
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahm111
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Thanks everyone!! This group and the healthy weight loss group have been amazing! Both are helpful and motivational!
DaniSaranac
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Excellent work! For more intense workouts, dancing is a sneaky one! It's fun, and you hardly even know you're exercising!

mp3mom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Congratulations! You have an awesome attidude! Thanks for sharing.

way to go

Quoting sahm111:

So happy to share that I made it to my first big goal!! My youngest son is 6 months old today and the day I went to have him I was between 225 & 230. So part of my loss was baby and fluid, but I am at.....170!!!!!!

How?

I am not on a diet! I have changed my lifestyle...for good! I have not eliminated anything other than overly processed food. Thats gone! I still enjoy the same things, just in moderation. I still bake but instead of 5 cookies I have 1 or 2. This doesn't work for some people, but its the only way for me. I still make supper pretty much the same but I only have one serving of meat and only one helping if we have potatoes. I always have a vegetable with lunch and supper. My best friend has become GREEK YOGURT! I eat it every day. I read somewhere it helps with metabolism, but it also tastes amazing! My favorite is Oikos! It is usually one of my snacks. Healthy breakfast is also important. I like to have fiber and protein in the morning! Oatmeal, wheat toast, eggs, pb, etc. Oh and one thing that wasn't an issue for me, NO SODA! I do have water, tea(even sweet in moderation), & coffee. I try to walk at least 3 days/week, but i'm about to start more intense workouts!

What I stopped doing...

I stopped blaming it on genetics. Sure, I am not blood-related to any skinny women, but they are also all unhealthy. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, and many other things run thick in my family. So I decided I could sit back, be overweight, not care about myself, and be ill by 40 or I could stop it now!
I quit blaming my eating habits on my husband. The bottom line is...he's not putting the food in my mouth.
I quit using the excuse "its expensive" it's not...period.
I quit using the excuse " I don't have time." I make time.

I do not believe in diet pills or quick fixes. Just a healthy, active lifestyle!

Shortly after I got started I saw a quote that said "you can't take care of anyone else if you don't first take care of yourself." That hit home!

Down about 55 pounds and still going strong!

MunchiesMom324
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM

AMAZING!  I'm hovering slightly below 190... and my youngest isa year and a half....I'm trying!  Congrats!

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Awesome job!  I strongly believe lifestyle changes are the only lasting effects!

sahm111
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Thanks ladies!
SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Great job!

CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Great job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN