Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Weight loss

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

Does anyone have any diet or exercise regimens they swear by? I am very interested in hearing them! After I had DD, I managed to lose 41 Lbs, unfortunately I gained a little more that half of it back, and now I am fighting tooth and nail to loose it again! I started the insanity workout program but it is doing a number on my knees and I fear that I may hurt something if I continue it but I am also hesitatant to stop the program because in just 2 weeks I have seen results!

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Welcome!

Weight Watchers always worked well for me.

As for your knees, maybe it would help to put down a yoga mat to do your workout on?

CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had great success with WW and then Calorie Counting. 

I run, do weights and have just started Insanity myself. 

My suggestion is find something you love and you will be more likely to keep it up!

Good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

These ladies have great advice...find what works for you mama!  Hugs and good luck!

armygirl16
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Also with insanity make sure you are doing the squats and lunges correctly. Sink your butt back into it and don't let you knee go in front of your toe. Also whenever you jump land with your knees "soft" meaning slightly bent. If you land with your legs straight it is much harder on your knees. Good luck! I'm on week 4 day 2. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

ambulr
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I use myfitnesspal.com for calorie counting and I do Zumba three days a week.. I've lost 12 lbs since January 1st by doing this, down 26 lbs total..

rfurlongg
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Myfitnesspal is great. Calories in, calories out. It is simple math. The trick is being aware of how many calories you are actually consuming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

It's all about calories in and calories out.  Eat healthy food...veggies, fruit, whole grains, and lean protein...little to no processed food and LOTS of water.  Find an activity that you enjoy doing and turn it into exercise:)  Hugs and good luck!

mp3mom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/weight-loss-get-started/

Quoting King.Rebeca12:

Does anyone have any diet or exercise regimens they swear by? I am very interested in hearing them! After I had DD, I managed to lose 41 Lbs, unfortunately I gained a little more that half of it back, and now I am fighting tooth and nail to loose it again! I started the insanity workout program but it is doing a number on my knees and I fear that I may hurt something if I continue it but I am also hesitatant to stop the program because in just 2 weeks I have seen results!

fitnessjunkie
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Jillian Michael's :)

i also have an online accountalilty group of facebook and so far we have lost 20lbs together!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)