Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

In your opinion, what is the worst....

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 23 Replies

form of birth control and why? Pill, Copper IUD? Minera?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunshneDaydream
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM

In my opinion, ALL forms of bc with hormones are the worst.  I just don't think it's right or healthy to mess with the natural makeup of the human body.  I wonder if researchers will ever find a link between artificial hormones and the rise in "female" cancers (breast, uterine, ovarian, cervical).   We'll probably never know though, since I'm sure the pharmaceutical companies are very much "in bed" with scientific research companies...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I don't really think any are worse or better than others.  Everyone is different and we all need to do what is best for our bodies and our families.  Simple as that:)

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I have no idea. I was on the pill for a long time. Never had any issues with it. Now DH is fixed so we don't have to worry.

cookinmommyof1
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:39 PM
No clue. Never been on any form of birth control. I suppose you go with what works best for you. My sister has been on the pill for nearly 15 years and hasn't has problems. I have a friend with mirena who loves it. A friend who did depo and got violently ill and pregnant. Nothing is right for everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I have ne ER been on any, I have no desire to mess with my hormones. Hubby and I have been TTC for 1.5 years now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Idk. I really dislike BC with hormones and won't use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:51 AM
My body does not do well with hormones so I'd day any with hormones. It will differ for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
For me, the shot was the worst. That thing was EVIL!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM

The hormonal ones are bad  with me- any artificial hormone makes me nutty :P

jenerica.
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Worst for what?...for your health... fail-rate ...wallet?

There was one type of bc pill back in the day that I loved.  It was the only form of bc pill that worked well with me.  My periods stayed regular, my mood remained even, my weight was perfect, I didn't have break-outs, and most importantly I didn't get pregnant.  But I am pretty sure that pill has been pulled from the market...so it probably wasn't very safe.  Otherwise I am allergic to latex, I HATED my Mirena, and any other kind of bc pill I've ever taken caused instability in my mood, weight gain, and I even developed brown patches on my face.  MY FACE!

So yeah, I guess it depends on the person.  What one person will swear by, there will be someone who will say it is the worst.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)