Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Get Me Motivated

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:54 AM
  • 13 Replies

Ok, I need motivation to start moving. I want to try Mon, Wed and one day on the weekend. I really think I can do it. I want to lose 10lbs, so I'm gonna start with walking and move from there. But I need help. Give me motivation! GO!

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Here's something I found. What do you think:

10. Coffee or espresso before exercise. One women also said that she brings a cup of hot green tea with her to the gym to sip while she’s exercising.

9. A new exercise play list. Music is a powerful motivator and naturally makes people want to move their bodies. Spotting someone dancing on the Stairmaster isn’t so uncommon at most fitness facilities.

8. Photos of younger, thinner days up on the refrigerator. For one woman however, having a photo of her at her heaviest was the motivation to never be that way again.

7. Having sports gear out and ready to put on in the morning or in a prepared gym bag in the car to go directly after work.

6. Having something new, be it new runners, a new treadmill, or a new heart monitor. New gadgets are a temporary motivator and can break the boredom of your usual routine.

5. Feeling fat or bloated. Surprisingly, this was a frequent feeling that motivated people to go that extra mile. Eating too much or doing too little can be motivating enough to make you go hard at it.

4. Keeping a workout journal. Writing it down can keep you accountable for your activity, or lack thereof.

3. Reading about or watching others exercise. Be it in fitness magazines, or watching your partner do pushups on the kitchen floor, monkey see, means monkey do! People get pumped when they see someone else in action.

2. Training with someone. Be it a friend, a personal trainer or exercising in a group, working out with someone else is the #2 thing that motivates most.

1. Seeing results in the mirror. There is no better inspiration than working hard at something and seeing firsthand that it works. Clothes get baggy, people constantly complement how great you look. It’s a powerful thing! 
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Those are great tips mama!  I agree with them:)  You can do this!!!

mrswillie
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Oush through your goal at the beginning, even when you don't feel like doing it. After a while you will feel guilty for not sticking to it.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Have fun, don't think of it as something you HAVE to do.

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM

you can do it!!  i need some motivation too...really need to get in shape!

mp3mom
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Copy your post & tape it to your bathroom mirror ;)

Quoting bhwrn1:

Ok, I need motivation to start moving. I want to try Mon, Wed and one day on the weekend. I really think I can do it. I want to lose 10lbs, so I'm gonna start with walking and move from there. But I need help. Give me motivation! GO!

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Thanks!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Those are great tips mama!  I agree with them:)  You can do this!!!

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I know! I have definitely been there. I hope to get there again!

Quoting mrswillie:

Oush through your goal at the beginning, even when you don't feel like doing it. After a while you will feel guilty for not sticking to it.

bhwrn1

Let's do it!

Quoting Kainalu55:

you can do it!!  i need some motivation too...really need to get in shape!

bhwrn1

Awesome idea!!!

Quoting mp3mom:

Copy your post & tape it to your bathroom mirror ;)

Quoting bhwrn1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN