Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GREEN TEA DRINKER HERE! BUT I WAS WONDERING

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 8 Replies
Good-Morning Ladies!
I'm a "Green Tea" drinker. I have up to 12 cups a day! Someone told me once that one of these days I was going to float away cause I'm always drinking tea when they see me LOL!
So any way I was wondering what your opinion on the following: is their a differance when you boil the water on the stove & pour the water over the tea bag vs heating up the water in a microwave? The reason I was wondering is that yesterday when I went to the laundrymat I went into 7-11 tobuy a cup of tea & I noticed how much draker my tea was after I let it steep for 5 minutes compared to when I make it in the microwave it's so light after steep for 5 minutes. So I'm wondering in order to get the perks of drinking tea which is better/ healthier?
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

That's interesting.  Was it the same brand of tea?

Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Microwaving does change the food and drinks it nukes. There's allot of research out about the micro wave. Thus the difference when you use the tea pot vs. the microwave 

Schleetle
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I prefer steeping in the tea pot, but i'l heat up water in the microwave if I'm trying to hurry. The pot always does a better job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I prefer boiling the water over microwaving it.  Tea tastes better with the fresh boiled water as opposed to being microwaved.  I only microwave when I'm in a hurry.  If you a Keurig, you can also get the hot water from there as well.

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I prefer boiling water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
candygirl831
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM

iI use Bigalow 100% organic green teahave a nice day

Quoting e-doolittle:

That's interesting.  Was it the same brand of tea?

Mama_Pollito
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM

me too and it doesnt get cold fast like when i put the water in the microwave

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I prefer boiling water.

Basherte
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM

It has to do with the steeping. If you use the microwave to heat up the water first (to the point of boiling or close to it.. takes about 7 minutes) and then add the tea, and let steep for 5 minutes it might be a little darker as well.

I've never had dark green tea... I never use the microwave to make it

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)