Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Uterine Biopsy--GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 6 Replies

Alright ladies, since you were all so helpful and kind on my last post "Pain with Orgasm" - anyone have a uterine biopsy? And how was it?  Pain during?  Pain after?

My doctor said it will be painful during, but only for less than a minute. She also said there will be cramping and possibly light bleeding for a day or two after, but nothing unbearable.  She said to take Advil right before my appointment.  But I've read some horror stories (dont google symptoms.. I keep doing that and it's a bad idea).  Some ladies have reported major 10+++ pain and bleeding..

I'm not a baby when it comes to pain, really I'm not. I can handle all sorts of pain.  And very well.  I have a pretty high tolerance to pain.   BUT my inner cervical area is always something that makes me queasy.. If SO hits the cervix during sex (which happens sometimes right before my period) I will yelp and jump off the bed.. It's just a really tender area up in there lol.. I've had a cervical biopsy in the past, years ago. It was pretty dreadful then, and that was years ago before I had any real issues with tenderness or pain in the internal pelvic area.... So the thought of her going through the cervix to get to the uterus.. now that is freaking me out and making me cringe..

SOOOOO.... GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT.. I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH..

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chrisnjoesmom
Getting ready for the WW open house Saturday! Hope they like my decorations!
Yesterday at 8:49 PM
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Is that the colposcopy thing? If so, yes it hurt me a lot for that day and maybe the next day. But it wasn't that big of a deal. The laparoscopy was MUCH worse.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM

No experience with that mama...hugs!

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Just the thought makes me cringe. Ow!

Can they knock you out? I am a BIG baby when it comes to pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seegrace
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM

thanks ladies!  They dont give any anesthesia etc for this procedure.  She said to take 4 otc advil before the appointment.  I think im also going to see if I can take a valuim.  I've had a cervical biopsy which wasnt pleasant, but this one is a uterine biopsy. She said they go through the cervix and take a sample of the uterine wall.  The 'going through the cervic' thing is what has me freaking out.  I have a tilted cervix and its just generally always sore.. I HATE pap smears for this reason. 

Well, it is what it is.   We are women, we can handle anything.  As many things in life for me and all women, I will close my eyes and grind my teeth and do what's gotta be done. 

I appreciate your replies, I really do. You ladies are special! 

Ill report back after its done to let you know what it is, and how it went.

Amanda52007
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I've had a cervical biopsy and cryotherapy in my cervix. Nothing with my uterus.

The biopsy hurt for 2 days, but the cryotherapy was hell on earth. I hope and pray I never have to go thru that again. It's been 3 years since those (they were a month apart) and so far, so good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wayward_redhead
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had it done. I honestly thought it was painful. At one point I cried out. It took 2-5 minutes. They take several samples. But when it's over I didn't have much lingering pain, just cramping for an hour.
You'll be fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)