Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Are they worth it?!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM
  • 18 Replies

I just looked at VS yoga pants and they're 2 for $55!! I don't want to spend that much. Where do you get your yoga pants?

Also, has any tried VS maximum support sport bras? Are they worth the money?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I don't buy anything from VS to be honest...I used to back a few years ago, but I don't anymore.  Just doesn't fit me right and I don't like the stuff.  I typically buy my bras from Dillards or Macys and my workout clothes come from Target, Lululemon, or Dick's.

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I think I'm going to Target tomorrow. I'll check out the yoga pants there. Do they hold up well when you wash them? Any shrinkage or color fading?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I don't buy anything from VS to be honest...I used to back a few years ago, but I don't anymore.  Just doesn't fit me right and I don't like the stuff.  I typically buy my bras from Dillards or Macys and my workout clothes come from Target, Lululemon, or Dick's.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM

No shrinkage but they do fade in color...I have black capris and they did fade some after a few washes, but that doesn't bother me:)  

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I think I'm going to Target tomorrow. I'll check out the yoga pants there. Do they hold up well when you wash them? Any shrinkage or color fading?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I hate that ashy look. :/ It's the Champion brand, right? C9 or something like that?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

No shrinkage but they do fade in color...I have black capris and they did fade some after a few washes, but that doesn't bother me:)  

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Yes, but mine are a cotton blend...you can get the ones that are made of stretchy material that are more spandexy like...make sense?  Those won't fade nearly as bad! 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I hate that ashy look. :/ It's the Champion brand, right? C9 or something like that?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Isn't cotton better to prevent yeast infections? Especially since I'll be sweating lol. Or does the spandex ones have that moisture wicking?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Yes, but mine are a cotton blend...you can get the ones that are made of stretchy material that are more spandexy like...make sense?  Those won't fade nearly as bad! 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Honestly, I don't know.  I actually prefer my spandex pants to run and workout in...I usually only wear the cotton ones if the others are dirty!  I have some Under Armour running stretch pants that are my favorite...I also have some from Lululemon that I love too.  They are the stretch material and they give plenty of room to breathe if you know what I mean:)

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Isn't cotton better to prevent yeast infections? Especially since I'll be sweating lol. Or does the spandex ones have that moisture wicking?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

shaunaleigh418
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I see. :) Thank you sooooo much!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Honestly, I don't know.  I actually prefer my spandex pants to run and workout in...I usually only wear the cotton ones if the others are dirty!  I have some Under Armour running stretch pants that are my favorite...I also have some from Lululemon that I love too.  They are the stretch material and they give plenty of room to breathe if you know what I mean:)

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

jenerica.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I find them on sale at Dick's, Academy, or wherever.  I like Nike Dri-Fit, but I also have other brands made from similar materialThey're pretty pricey when not on sale.

I know what you mean about the ashy faded look.  I have a few pair of black cotton yoga pants from Target and they look awful.

cookinmommyof1
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I buy from maurices and walmart. It get the nobo brand at walmart, they fit better and are a little longer than the danskin ones they sell. I prefer maurices, though. And they have killer sales. If you sign up for the style club you get periodic mailers, emails, and text coupon codes that you can combine with regular sales. I was able to use a 20% off coupon and a 10% off coupon in conjunction with the seasons end red sale and get a $79 coat for $7. Usually with a good sale you can get yoga pants (and jeans, casual pants, dress pants) starting at like $4. I found a pair of $69 silver jeans on sale for $9.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN