Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fast Meals for 2 and 4 year olds

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey ladies 

I'm trying to change my little ones diet because the both eat the same crap over and over again. I would love to prepare them fast easy dinners. What are some dinners that you prepare for your little ones that they really enjoy. 

My only reason for fast and easy dinners is because I have a 2 month old that needs non stop attention.. HAHA 

Thnks a bunch ladies:)

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lcherian
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Salsa chicken. Dump chicken thighs, jar of salsa, 1 tsp each of garlic powder, cumin, Basil and onion powder into a pot and simmer on low for 40 minutes. Shred chicken, add a dollop of sour cream or cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Sooo good!
Basherte
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:38 PM

This would depend on how healthy you want them to be. You could always get a few frozen dinners that cost little to a lot... 

my son loves pizza. A quick way to do that is celeste pizza for one in the freezer section. they take about 10 minutes for the zesty cheese and 12 minutes for any with toppings. in the oven after it's warmed up.

THere are microwave directions on them, but I don't own a microwave.

wedding countdown

Iconoclast
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM
We do make your own pizza; pita, pepperoni and veggies. You can make mock hot "wings" using cauliflower breaded and baked. You don't have to do hot sauce I did a couple if dips with my kids, ranch, sweet thai chili sauce. Pizza puffs are fun; biscuits, meat and veggies placed in muffin cupsand baked. Can also be done with hotdogs and cornbread. Roll ups are good using lunchmeat cheese and veggies
jenerica.
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM
My dd's new favorite is mini meatloafs, or as she calls them meatballs. I just make traditional meatloaf in a mini muffin tin. One batch makes 24 meatballs that can be refrigerated and then heated up within minutes. Serve with a quick salad or whatever side. I also make my own chicken nuggets with chicken breast tenderloins breaded with gluten free bread crumbs. One batch yields about 20-30 nuggets that again can be refrigerated and then heated up within minutes. Some nights she just eats a garden salad with ranch dressing, and a yogurt.

My husband and I both work full time, so quick and easy dinners are a must in our house. :)
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM

we do this too.  I also "sneak" veggies into them.

Quoting jenerica.:

My dd's new favorite is mini meatloafs, or as she calls them meatballs. I just make traditional meatloaf in a mini muffin tin. One batch makes 24 meatballs that can be refrigerated and then heated up within minutes. Serve with a quick salad or whatever side. I also make my own chicken nuggets with chicken breast tenderloins breaded with gluten free bread crumbs. One batch yields about 20-30 nuggets that again can be refrigerated and then heated up within minutes. Some nights she just eats a garden salad with ranch dressing, and a yogurt.

My husband and I both work full time, so quick and easy dinners are a must in our house. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)