Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Lost 7 lbs in 7 days :)

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm not  sure why the picture is coming out sideways but anyways....so I lost 7 lbs in 7 days! I just started the paleo diet and for lunch I've been drinking THIS smoothie EVERYDAY! I found it on Pinterest and under the picture it said "drink this everyday and watch pounds just shed off". I think, honestly, that the combination of both is what's really helping me!

For 1 serving :

1 small/medium banana

1/2 apple

1/2 orange

4 strawberries (preferably frozen)

Handful of spinach

Blend & enjoy!

DON'T be scared of the spinach!! Lol! ALOT of people think its weird but I promise you can't even taste it! It's probably one of the best smoothies I've ever had! Been drinking it for almost 2 weeks and I'm definately not even close to being sick of it. And also, I just buy fresh strawberries then throw them in the freezer to freeze up. It makes the smoothie cold and not watered down from using ice cubes!

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaycesMamma
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Tfs! Have any tips for the paleo diet? Like recipes out anything. My fiance and I have been talking about trying this diet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JaycesMamma
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM
*Or not out lol
Lzabierek
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Well for breakfast I usually keep it basic. 2 eggs, turkey bacon & hash browns.  But I found this great recipe for paleo pumpkin pancakes that I'm going to be trying out on Friday. If they turn out good, I'll post the recipe & picture! For lunch, well, the smoothie lol. And for dinner I have some kind of meat ( usually chicken ) or fish with double servings of vegetables.  Like the other day I made Balsamic Orange Chicken w/ oven roasted brussel sprouts & glazed carrots. I think starting tomorrow, everyday, I will be posting what I've made for dinner that night and if I do something non-basic for breakfast! To help you out further though, I HIGHLY recommend you check out Pinterest.com & foodgawker.com . Just type in paleo in the search engines on those sites & you will find hundreds of recipes to try out! 

Quoting JaycesMamma:

Tfs! Have any tips for the paleo diet? Like recipes out anything. My fiance and I have been talking about trying this diet.

JaycesMamma
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Thank so much!:-)

Quoting Lzabierek:

Well for breakfast I usually keep it basic. 2 eggs, turkey bacon & hash browns.  But I found this great recipe for paleo pumpkin pancakes that I'm going to be trying out on Friday. If they turn out good, I'll post the recipe & picture! For lunch, well, the smoothie lol. And for dinner I have some kind of meat ( usually chicken ) or fish with double servings of vegetables.  Like the other day I made Balsamic Orange Chicken w/ oven roasted brussel sprouts & glazed carrots. I think starting tomorrow, everyday, I will be posting what I've made for dinner that night and if I do something non-basic for breakfast! To help you out further though, I HIGHLY recommend you check out Pinterest.com & foodgawker.com . Just type in paleo in the search engines on those sites & you will find hundreds of recipes to try out! 

Quoting JaycesMamma:

frankiesma530
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I'm going to make this tomorrow.  Without the strawberries though.

Deshonsmommy
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I freeze bananas and have them with one tablespoon of natural peanut butter and one cup (30 cals per cup) of fat free almond milk.

suetoo
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

hugs,

ps I love spinach

pps I found the pounds you lost...:-(

jesusgirl76
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Is this fresh spinach? Can I ask how much do you drink for lunch?
Lzabierek
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM

It IS fresh. I usually just buy the big bag of baby spinach from Walmart in the produce section. If you make it to the one serving like I do, it makes about 1 full tall glass. The picture is exactly how much it made & how much I drink.  I think the measurement might sometimes be a little off, depending the sizes of the fruits, but this would be an average amount.

Quoting jesusgirl76:

jesusgirl76
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Thanks so much for the info :)

Quoting Lzabierek:

It IS fresh. I usually just buy the big bag of baby spinach from Walmart in the produce section. If you make it to the one serving like I do, it makes about 1 full tall glass. The picture is exactly how much it made & how much I drink.  I think the measurement might sometimes be a little off, depending the sizes of the fruits, but this would be an average amount.

Quoting jesusgirl76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)