Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Is Chamomile tea really dangerous for pregnant women ?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 2 Replies

Here is my question!

I heard that chamomile tea is dangerous to drink during early pregnancy because it could lead to miscarriage, in my case i love to drink it and i do not use birth control and just drink away and i haven't got pregnant. About two years ago i was drinking more chamomile tea than usual and i had a missed period, have a pregnancy test and it came positive, so i thought well maybe the tea isn't bad it all so i kept drinking it and about a week later i had a miscarriage. After that miscarriage i had i got pregnant again but this time i stopped drinking the tea and everything went great and i had a baby boy... So  Is it true that is dangerous or is just a myth ?

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I've not heard that chamomile tea was dangerous during the 1st trimester of pregnancy. Where did you read that? Do you add sweeteners to your tea!

Mama_Pollito
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Quoting Alyson121:

I've not heard that chamomile tea was dangerous during the 1st trimester of pregnancy. Where did you read that? Do you add sweeteners to your tea!

Yeah i add sugar to it, i saw something about it in a website, then again you can ever belive on everything you see on the internet i just wasnt sure being that that coincidence happened to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN