Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

preggo with baby #3

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 12 Replies

need some advice on how to maintain my weight and also gain my weight healthy and not unhealthy im not big ive always been small we already have two others lost a lot of weight with the other two as i got really sick. right now im 103lbs at 5'1

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Cut out processed foods and focus on eating nutrient dense foods.

Check out 100daysofrealfood.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Also, try to maintain your exercise routine and modify as you  need to while you are pregnant.

ashley9603
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Eat as healthy as you can...fruits/veggies,lean meats,beans/legumes etc....of course I really cant give advice because I gained 70 pounds with my twins lol....

Blue_Spiral
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:36 AM

103 at 5 1 is bad?

I'm not trying to judge, I'm just honestly confused...

suziejax
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM

drink protein shakes for snacks in between meals thats how I did it

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I have no idea. I had hyperemesis with my first two so my doc had me eat whatever would stay down. This time around i am eating like a pig and only gained half a pound.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redsolocupmama
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM

According to the doctor it is

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

103 at 5 1 is bad?

Blue_Spiral
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Quoting redsolocupmama:

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

103 at 5 1 is bad?

I am 5 ft even and one time I did get to your weight lol, I'm heavier usually, but it kind of scared everyone how thin I looked. I knew logically that I could and probably should get to under 100, but I looked so tiny and fragile, it just didn't seem healthy on my body. It's interesting how the same weight can look so different on different people, even close in height. I got pregnant when I was very overweight so my midwives, of course, had to freak out about my weight gain. It seems nobody on earth believes that I do eat very sensibly lol. But for me, I found that my appetite just never really came back that much after the nausea ended. I did crave sweets, which is really strange because I normally don't care for sugary things, but I was satisfied to have a chunk of dark chocolate and that would quell my desire for it. So, there's a tip if you crave chocolate or ice cream or whatever. Also, I found it absolutely vital to have things like nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc.) around to snack on througout the day, as well as fruits of course, and I also LOVED snacking on radishes. Mmmmm. I ate so many that now I kind of don't love them anymore LOL. Sometimes if I felt weak I'd just scramble an egg and it helped get me on my feet again. I initially lost 15 pounds, and then gained exactly 15 back by the end. The midwives watched my weight like hawks, anxious and paranoid and terrified but they had nothing to worry about. Another interesting thing, was that my mother had extremely high blood pressure with me and mine was the lowest ever while I was pregnant. You weren't real specific so I'm not sure if anything I said was meaningful to you, but there you have it lol. Good luck.
fullxbusymom
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Stay away from a lot of starchs, sugar and anything processed.  Instead opt for things with a lot of protein.

Basherte
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't worry about the doctor.

It would really depend on how much of that is muscle. Muscle does weigh more than fat does.

Quoting redsolocupmama:

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

103 at 5 1 is bad?

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)