Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Just ate pizza

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

I really do try to eat as well as I can,but I just ate pizza...seems like on my workout days my appetite is ridiculous lol....I run a few days a week and I do try to eat right,but everything looks good lol...I need to go back to my salads lol.Anyone else have weeks like this?

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Sometime I want certain things. I typically make those things myself though so I know what's in them. Try lading up on deep leafy greens, raw nuts and water after tour workouts and see how you feel then.

Blue_Spiral
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:28 AM

Dude, I made this "green pizza" a while back, I probably posted it because it was so good lol.

Pita bread (I don't usually eat bread, and maybe you could find a substitute for it...) with pesto, avocado, sprouts, basil meatballs, green onions and anything else you want of course, (spinach, green peppers, whatever...)

but damn, that could make up for pizza anyday :D

Also, if you crave cheese (I don't like it, myself) you could use almond cheese (vegan), which I just recently discovered and LOVE IT!!!!

So damn good lol

Basherte
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Pizza is actually pretty healthy for you if you add a little meat and a little veggie and make it from scratch. Especially if you are only eating it every once in a while. It has all the food groups on it. 

I wouldn't worry about being 'weak' and having pizza every once in a while.

CafeMom Tickers
jhslove
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Eh, I have pizza all the time. There are some things that I'm just not willing to give up.   :)

I usually make it at home and use whole-wheat crust, and pile it with veggies, so I don't feel too guilty. But every once in a while, I do indulge and get it from a pizzeria, which I don't kid myself into thinking is at all healthy. But all things in moderation......

amanda_n_e
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
It's ok to eat pizza. Don't deny yourself food you love, just eat it in moderation.
I'm starving on my running days too! I try to plan all of my meals with lots of protein those days. It helps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I really love pizza.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashley9603
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I dont feel so bad anymore...lol.Today is another day.I plan on running this morning,makes me feel a little better lol.

deedee3849
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I make my own pizza. Low carb wrap (or whole grain Naan), low sugar pizza sauce, reduced fat mozzarela, veggies. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN