Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I need a prayer.....................

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 17 Replies

I have acid reflex and I have been on 3 different meds within a months time but nothing works. I need a prayer that they find something that will works and stop side effects.

thank you

God Bless you

KristyAnne

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seegrace
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Sending prayers!  Hope you feel better soon.  My SO gets terribel acid reflux.  He takes Nexium daily, which works I'd say 75% of the time.  What works better is watching what he eats.  He cannot eat anything spicy and also avoids greasy fried foods.  That helps best.  When he gets an attack even after taking the nexium, there are home remedies we use, that actually do curb the pain when he gets it.  They are: 

Large teaspoon of yellow (or brown) mustard.  Gross and weird, but it makes him start burping and relieves the discomfort.  It actually works better to treat the pain of an attack than any antacid we've tried.

Large swig of pickle juice or cidar vinegar.  Same thing.  It will make him burp and relieves the chest pain/tightness.  He will do both intermittnely until it starts to feel better. 

Good luck!

kflemino22
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I will definitely say a prayer for you.  That would not be fun at all!  Best of luck and know that a prayer has been sent up for you!

Kim Flemino
Independent & Educational Consultant
Usborne Books & More
kimflemino@gmail.com
www.u3330.myubam.com
reading

calimom1123
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs try apple cider vinegar. 2oz water 2oz acv mixed together. Its the only thing that helps my reflux. Get the acv with the mother,they say it works best. I actually used a plain store bought cheap one and it worked but it was more acidic than the one with the mother.Also try a spoon of honey if you feel burning in your throat. Onions and popcorn are my worst offenders!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Pollito
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you are going through i been there until the doctor finally diagnosed me with gastritis and gave me some antibiotics and  i had to cut down in all kinds of food, but I'll send prayer so whatever you have it goes away soon and you can get better

good luck

Basherte
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Good luck. 

Sending energies to you, and your doctors.

CafeMom Tickers
jesusgirl76
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Lord please heal KristyAnne. Bless her with the health You created her to have. Amen
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetangie79
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Try Mastic gum, you get it at the health food store.  It is a pill and works wonders for me when I have trouble.

suetoo
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Prayers your way for healing mercies.

ProudMommy51006
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Have they given you Omeprezal? It was a life saver for me.

Basherte
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Will send healing energies to you.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN