Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Skin tightening and toning

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, I'm sure you all have heard me complain about this before.  My tummy is raisin like and not very pretty.  I'm looking for something to help a bit as I'd rather not go the surgery route.  I'm not asking for a 100% improvement, but something to at least tone and tighten a little bit.

Someone recommended I use the Firming Creme from Arrbonne but I'm almost out and all it has really done was lighten up my stretch marks a tiny bit.  

I workout, I eat mostly fresh foods, drink lots of water, moisturize and use exfoliation scrubs.  

This is from October.  It looks pretty much the same today.  

I had someone else recommend the 'IT WORKS' firming gel.  It's fairly expensive though.  Anyone know anything about that?

Any suggestions that anyone can give are greatly appreciated!

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Replies (11-12):
SabrinaLC
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Yeah, that just doesn't make much sense to me.  Especially considering the fact that I haven't been vegan my entire life and this saggy skin started well before I quit eating meat.  I think what caused the sagging skin was my 3 pregnancies.  

Perhaps you're thinking more of lack of protein and nutrients from a poor diet.  Which wouldn't be my cause either.  I eat plenty of protein and definitely get nutrients.  I eat a healthy diet.  Humans do not require animal products.

I may look into the coconut oil and essential oils though.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

its actually said that the lack of bovine and bone broths in a diet contributes to sagging skin. So just food for thought.

You'd get somethink like coconut oil and mix like 3 drops of which ever oil you choose and apply to the area a few times a day. Def. use grapefruit, the other two you can decide between.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

oh I definitely can't do that one, I'm vegan.  Plus gelatin from animals smell disgusting.  :-/

How do would you use the essential oils though?  Would you dilute it or just rub it on the skin?

Quoting lifeforchrist:

you can try cedarwood essential oil, grapefruit essential oil and lavendar. ALso try getting a grassfed bovine gelatin, thats wonderful for skin tone.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

jesusgirl76
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula has worked for me. Good luck :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN