Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is going on with me ?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm kinda freaking out! lately every time i drink coffee i get such a bad headache and really shaky, dizzy and short of breath. I have not idea what it could be coffee never did that to me before it just this past 2 months that  its doing that to me and is making me mad because i love coffee

screaming

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Sometimes products change slighly or ingredients but typically the consumer isn't notified.  Maybe you body always had a reaction, it was just never noticiable.  Are you adding anything to your coffee, maybe your body is reacting to that? 

Mama_Pollito
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I thought it was the creamer so i stopped adding it, it was just 2 tsp of sugar and still happening so i started drinking with out the sugar and still, so i went down from a dark roast to a medium and still, but it does not make it better

Quoting Alyson121:

Sometimes products change slighly or ingredients but typically the consumer isn't notified.  Maybe you body always had a reaction, it was just never noticiable.  Are you adding anything to your coffee, maybe your body is reacting to that? 

kflemino22
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I started getting headaches and dizzy a lot too.  I didn't put two and two together that it was the coffee/soda I drank at first.  I now only drink decaf soda and I drink 1/2 caff coffee and it doesn't happen anymore.  Amazing what can happen to your body out of the blue.  I had never had a problem with coffee before that either.

jenerica.
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM
The older I get, the more sensitive my body becomes to caffiene. Sorry, I am no help.
wayward_redhead
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Honestly,  I would see your doctor just to be sure.  What you're describing could be heart disease and/or blood pressure problems.  

Basherte
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Are you pregnant?

Have you changed anything else in your diet or routine? How many cups of coffee do you drink in one day? Does it happen with the first cup? or just subsequent cups?

Good luck.

CafeMom Tickers
Mama_Pollito
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM

it happens just with the first cup, before i used to drink 3 cups of coffee a day now i cant even handle one and i get all shaky, I don't think I'm pregnant, I thought i was but i had a home pregnancy test came negative and days later i had my period but i don't know if is because the coffee or the gastritis but i been feeling a lot of nausea lately and cheese smelly things bother me a lot! and bacon :( is making me sad everything i love is getting me sick

Quoting Basherte:

Are you pregnant?

Have you changed anything else in your diet or routine? How many cups of coffee do you drink in one day? Does it happen with the first cup? or just subsequent cups?

Good luck.

Mama_Pollito
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I know its happening to me also, but i thought caffeine was good for you, my option its going to be either decaf or just caffeine free teas

Quoting jenerica.:

The older I get, the more sensitive my body becomes to caffiene. Sorry, I am no help.

Northwest_angel
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Have you recently started any new medications? I am more sensitive to caffeine when I use cold medicines and such.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Pollito
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I did a couple of months ago and i got tests done and everything came back just fine ( well other than i have gastritis but i never got shaky when i feel the crazy heartburn) but maybe i should try to get more tests done again to make sure, because my dad and grandparents have blood pressure problems

Quoting wayward_redhead:

Honestly,  I would see your doctor just to be sure.  What you're describing could be heart disease and/or blood pressure problems.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)