Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scheduling meals and snacks

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm on a strict diet in attempts to control my sugars (spilling in my urine.. I'm almost 25 weeks pregnant).

My plan is to go modified Paleo. I drink an amazing pregnancy tea with loads of vitamins and what not but I have to have it sweetened (1/2c sugar to 3qts. 1 qt of tea and 2 qts of water so it's not a horrible ratio by any means).

Normally I eat breakfast as soon as I wake up (varies) then I eat snacks as needed and other meals as my children are ready. Would anyone mind sharing their eating schedule so I can figure it out? I need to be more scheduled to help control my sugar levels and hopefully ward of the possibility of GD.

I'm already very overwhelmed with this change so I'm asking for help before I google schedules. I've eaten Paelo before so I'm not worried about that. It's just this has to literally be an overnight lifestyle change so if I can have some (or just 1) schedules for tomorrow to get me started, I'd be eternally greatful!

We are normally up and eating breakfast between 8 and 9 and dinner between 6 and 8 (sometimes we wait for daddy to get home)... if that helps at all.

pregnancy

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Basherte
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I would just say to schedule it for when you know you will need something to eat.

I don't do breakfast, lunch, dinner on a schedule. At least not when most people do.

I make breakfast for my son when he's hungry. It's normally around 6:30-7am. I make his lunch so that he's eating it around 11am or noon. (Depends on if he has preschool that day. Cause he's always hungry when he gets home from preschool.)

I always make dinner when my son is hungry. (hubby and I eat at a different time.) 

I started this a long time ago. So I now have a schedule, but my son is the one that created it. I think it's more important to eat when hungry than at a certain time of day.

My son just happens to actually be hungry at certain times of the day.

He gets snack whenever he is hungry and it isn't close to a meal time.

CafeMom Tickers
Stacie03
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM
A typical day for us
Breakfast- 7-7:30
Snack- 10
Lunch- 12:30
Snack- 3
Dinner- 5-5:30

Sometimes we add a 3rd snack in at 8pm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)