Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Introducing myself to u all

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

hello there hope this introduction doesnt bore u to pieces but i figured since i joined that i should introduce myself and get involved in the group.....

My name is Sara I am 27 yrs old and extreamly overweight ***(hints to why I am on this sight to get ideas tips ans support to lose it)***

I live in a town called Redding in the Northern part of California, it isnt a big town but not small neither....

I am a Wife to a great man who puts up with me.....I am a Mommy to a wonderful 6 yr old Son named Christopher

I am told I am very optomistic and I try real hard to be. . . I want to think everything has a positive outcome.....

I am addicted to quotes and to pinterest I can not get enough of either one of them lol

I am very open minded. . .I am like an open book if you ever wanna know something about me feel free to ask me I will likely tell you the answer. . . . .

I am hoping before 2013 is over that I can lose over all 100 lbs but we shall see I want to work on losing 50 by june heres hoping

I have many hobbies *( i wont bore u now with all or any of them but just know I could go on for at least 20 mins telling u all the things I enjoy)*

so I gues today besides my intro I am here to see what kind of advice U guys can give me if any. . . . . .

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Welcome to the group!  How's your diet?  Veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein should be the bulk of your diet.  

Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Hi Sara! *waiving* Welcome to the group.  I'm in California too but in the Bay Area, very familiar with Redding (at least when driving to Tahoe or Reno LOL).  

There's a wealth of info here so you're in the right place.  

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Welcome!!  Agree with Darby.

Basherte
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Is Redding close to Red Bluff?

My advice would depend on how you eat, and when you eat and how much you eat now.

I would advice small meals several times a day instead of 3 large meals a day. 

And exercise. But to give anything more specific would require more information.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

CafeMom Tickers
kflemino22
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Sara!  You will get lots of great advice and tips here!!  The best I can give you is KEEP AT IT and DON'T GIVE UP!!  You can do this!!

HoffmanMommy07
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
red bluff is about 40 miles from redding takes a lil less than half hour to get there. my diet isnt perfect yet altho when i get to go shopping *(next tuesday)* i am gna buy a lot of fruits and veggies altho even now i dont eat much sugar or junk we eat alot of chicken NO pork i Hate Pork its gross **(well i take that back kinda i will eat a ham now an then but NOTHIN else)*
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Welcome to the group!

Deshonsmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Welcome to the group, we are happy to have you here with us!

KellF
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Hi Sara!
Welcome!
I live in the East Bay but am from Sac! Would love to chat with you about your issues...I've worked very hard after two kids to stay fit and it really is a process but so doable!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SeventiesChild
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I lost 30 pounds without "dieting." i stopped eating anything but REAL FOOD. I made sure i ate WHOLE FOODS....(foods closet to their original form found in nature. ) This is what alleviates any hunger. I have no hunger pains whatsoever.

I also cut out eating wheat (due to a slight food allergy) which cuts out a LOT of different but usually processed foods ....usually whole aisles of the grocery store are off-limits. But i learned to do without . I also am doing very fine without my big fat pregnant sized belly. I am REALLY fine with that. :o) There are so many wheat substitutes that are very very delicious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN