Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Totally off topic, just sad

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:23 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ugh, I'm so sad. We got an 8 month old kitten a month ago. We've always been "no pet" people, but I got this notion that I wanted a cat and got my girls on board (7 and 2). Well, we wore hubby down who really did not want the cat but reluctantly gave in.

The cat stays in our laundry room and we let her in the finished game room when we're home. She's such a sweet kitten. Great with the girls and snuggly. She listens pretty well and hasn't been destroying my furniture with her claws. But, her farts are HORRID. The shelter sent me another dewormer and I've switched her foods and nothing helps.

I scoop her litter box every day, it's the clumping kind, and I dump it and wash the container once a week.

My husband said the whole basement smelled like cat pee last night. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I didn't notice it and everything is so clean!

I didn't sleep a wink last night, knowing, it's just not working. I'm not going to have this cat for the next 20 years doing everything by myself, having my house stink, and my husband hate her.

I told my 7 year old this morning, who's sad, but she said, "I guess you're right." She'll be sad when she's gone - but doesn't adore her. She's afraid of the cat...I don't know why. The two year old loves her, and is going to constantly ask where she is. They're buddies.

My husband said it's not fair to the kids to give her back, but I'm not going to be alone in this for the rest of the cat's life. The foster mom said she would aways take her back.

Sorry for rambling. I'm just sad.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Kittens often have stinky farts but it usually gets better when their bodies get better digesting solid food. Your husband is giving you a hard time but he doesn't want you to give it back either. There are other things you can do.

If the kitty really is peeing where she shouldn't, get her fixed as soon as possible. Keep her confined unless she is supervised and encourage potty box usage.

To me, a pet is as much a part of the family as anyone else. I don't give up on them. That's just the way I am.

Basherte
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM

It isn't really right for the cat either, when the cat only has 1 maybe 2 rooms she's allowed in.

I feel for you and the cat.

Give her back. All that's going to happen is your hubby is going to constantly complain of cat pee smell everywhere. Even if it isn't there.

I've never had a cat that didn't have disgusting farts.

CafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Kittens often have stinky farts but it usually gets better when their bodies get better digesting solid food. Your husband is giving you a hard time but he doesn't want you to give it back either. There are other things you can do.

If the kitty really is peeing where she shouldn't, get her fixed as soon as possible. Keep her confined unless she is supervised and encourage potty box usage.

To me, a pet is as much a part of the family as anyone else. I don't give up on them. That's just the way I am.

The difference being that you are an animal person. 

CafeMom Tickers
Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Yes. I certainly am. I believe we are meant to be good stewards to our children, animals and earth.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Basherte
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I love animals. They are so simple. So uncomplicated. 

Sometimes I would prefer to be around animals than adult humans. 

All an animal requires to be happy is this:

food

water

shelter

love

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Yes. I certainly am. I believe we are meant to be good stewards to our children, animals and earth.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

CafeMom Tickers
Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I so agree. My pets don't talk down to me or treat me like crap as humans often try to do. Day after day, they just love you, pretty much no matter what.

Quoting Basherte:

food

water

shelter

love

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Basherte
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM

When a human being abuses an animal, the animal will most likely go back to that human over and over and over. 

It's like they are trying to say "I love you. Why don't you love me?"

It's so sad to see abuse of an animal.

Animals love unconditionally. 

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I so agree. My pets don't talk down to me or treat me like crap as humans often try to do. Day after day, they just love you, pretty much no matter what.

Quoting Basherte:

food

water

shelter

love

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

CafeMom Tickers
Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I agree. I wish the laws were strong against abuse of animals.

Quoting Basherte:

When a human being abuses an animal, the animal will most likely go back to that human over and over and over. 

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Quoting Basherte:

food

water

shelter

love

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:48 PM
And meatballs. My dog requires meatballs. Wait...she just wishes we have her meatballs. LOL
Quoting Basherte:

food

water

shelter

love

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

They are in PA. I just wish they had the manpower to get all of them. 

Or at least, I've been okay with the punishment that I've heard had been given. 

I also wish more people would report it more. 

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I agree. I wish the laws were strong against abuse of animals.

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Quoting Basherte:

food

water

shelter

love

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)