Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

For the moms who Breastfeed

Posted by   + Show Post

Morning to all I was wondering for the moms who breastfeed their babies is it okay to drink sparkling water and eat spicy food? Does effect the baby?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Replies (11-14):
ashley9603
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM

When I nursed my twins....one of them had no issues at all,the other one didnt like anything I ate lol....poor Elijah...he hated spicy foods,dairy etc.I literally had to eat very bland foods.He would also get a terrible rash if I ate anything offensive....it was tough getting used to in the beginning.Even now at 21 months old he is very sensitive to certain foods,while his brother eats anything and everything lol.

KLove_Mom
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM

With my babies SPICY wasn't the issue as long as it wasn't tomato based. I couldn't eat tomato sauce or salsa, or they would get a tummy ache.
Beans were also a problem.

You can try something and see... if they don't sleep like normal or get diaper rash the next day, then you'll know not to try that again.

motamaid
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I've breastfed three kids compressing right now I pretty much eat what I likeand always have I don't really think it does affect the baby like people say it does. You have to think that in most other countries outside the US the food is very spicy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Yep. and Yep. :) A few babies might be sensitive to certain things mom eats, but it's not necessary for every nursing mother to avoid those foods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)