Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Popcorn

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have an air popper- Love it! I don't mind plain popcorn, husband won't touch it unless it's drenched in butter & salt or sugar. Any suggestions on healthier alternatives to flavoring? I'm playing around the cinnamon, maybe some spice like chili power? Hmmm

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlbelknap35
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I like mine with hot sauce! cinnamon is awesome too!  in hawaii they like putting this nori mixure stuff on there. maybe some parmasian(sp?) cheese with red pepper flakes.

balagan_imma
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I use chili powder. I do mine on the stove top with coconut or olive oil. I add the chili in before the popcorn because I was putting too much on after I'd popped it.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I love it with a little olive oil, cumin and yeast. YUMMY!

Stacie03
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I too was a butter and salt diehard until I tried some with Parmesan. Yum!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jdahlstedt
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Parmesan? I never thought of cheese. Interesting idea :)

Alyson121
by Alyson on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I just made some caramel popcorn the other day.  I got the idea from an All Recipes.  However i subbed in pure maple syrup, real butter and coconut sugar for their corn syrup, margarine and brown sugar.  Turned out really good and the family loved it.  

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Nutritional yeast

sununner36
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

We like air popped popcorn too. my kids would like some of these ideas since they do ask for more flavor every once in awhile.

suetoo
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Butter diluted with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.

KLove_Mom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I use coconut oil in the pan while popping (3 TBSP oil to 1/2 cup kernels), and I love the light flavor it leaves... then I use a sea salt grinder over it and toss with my hands. All the kids in my neighborhood love it this way even though they are used to butter drenched popcorn.

Coconut oil is one of those fats that's high in Omega 3 so it's good for your brain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)