Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Protein powders (piog)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

Are there any out there that aren't crap? Are there any that aren't crap and taste ok? lol

I just looked at the one dh always gets and I didn't realize how much junk is in there! I like having a protein smoothie for lunch because it's nice and easy for me and I can pack greens in it. Also, we eat 95% vegetarian so it's a way to get protein. But I'm thinking I am going to have to find a different quick and easy lunch if I can't find a less processed protein powder that doesn't taste terrible and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :/

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Basherte
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Bolthouse farms has a lot of really good flavors with a lot of protein. Make sure you aren't allergic to soy protein though. 

This stuff is really good.

CafeMom Tickers
motamaid
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Have you tried peanut butter powder?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I use Shakeology shakes and add peanut butter powder to them for extra protein.  It's all natural with over 70 healthy, all-natural vitamins and nutrients.

Shakeology

jesmith04
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I use Adovocare.   They are a premier health and wellness company.  There protein shakes are the bomb.  They also have an equal amount of protein to carbs so they supply a well balanced meal. 

ButtonsMama44
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I drink Complete Nutritions Smart Smoothie in Chocolate Fudge- it's the only I can drink without feeling like I'm going to gag
aprilbutterfl92
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM

i bought soy protein from Trader Joes . Its OK

I much rather have Chocolate Flavore Muscle Milk Light th0 <3 

TiffanyD78
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Zija has one that has only 5 ingredients and you can pronounce each one. It also contains Moringa Oleifera. Flavors are vanilla bean and Dutch chocolate. I've had the Dutch chocolate and I think it resembles nesquick or ovaltine. I also use it to make shakes.
lmcaninch
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I have a great one and it tastes really good.  no sugar or artificial sweeteners, and no lactose. It levels your blood sugar, provides energy and tastes delicious. Contains probiotics, omega-3s, CLA, and enzymes for a fat-burning, muscle building energy boost. Comes in delicious Chocolate or Vanilla. Mixes easily in water or milk.  Very low in carbs and sodium.  Message me if you would like the link to these.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I am not a fan of protein powders.
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Goji berries and chia seeds are a great source of protein.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)