Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Help!!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have twins and am BFing them.I need to lose weight.(I lost alomst all my Pregnancy weight).But when I start to control the food I feel tired .What can I do??My  huby is challenging  me..

sad

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell him to back off. You are eating for three for heaven's sake. Don't try to starve yourself while you do that. If you've never lost the pregnancy weight you are doing great! *hugs*

Alyson121
by Alyson on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe try changing up the type of food you're eating.  Instead of trying to control portions, try eating more living foods and more WHOLE foods.  So instead of white pasta with a canned or jar sauce, opt of some deep leafy greens, fresh carrots, onions, garlic and simmer them in a freshly made tomato sauce and serve or quinoa.  Typically i've found that the more nutritionally dense food i eat, the LESS of it i eat because my body has received all the nutrients it needs.

Another example, if you're feeling the urge to snack.  Opt for some unsweetened almond butter, cashew butter and a banana or a few sliced apples.  It's VERY feeling and again gives your body the nutrients it craves.  

What is your hubby challenging you about? 

Rota
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Losing weight while breast feeding should occur naturally. If you are not losing - or at least maintaining, you are eating the wrong foods. Alyson has the right idea. If you eat junk, you will be hungry AND malnourished. Make sure you include enough healthy fats to keep you satisfied. Most diets eliminate fats which is NOT healthy at all. Let me know if you have specific questions as I work in Integrative Medicine and this is what we handle every day.

Athira
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM
About losing my weight.when my marriage time I was very lean. He want me to that weight
Athira
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Actually my diet is some what same as Alyson said. I like to make food from scratch . In that way I lose my pregnancy weight . In my own calculation I need only around1500cal per day.
But now I can't control that much food and no time to exercise .
Athira
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Rota I have a doubt the fat from milk and yogurt is good right??

Quoting Rota:

Losing weight while breast feeding should occur naturally. If you are not losing - or at least maintaining, you are eating the wrong foods. Alyson has the right idea. If you eat junk, you will be hungry AND malnourished. Make sure you include enough healthy fats to keep you satisfied. Most diets eliminate fats which is NOT healthy at all. Let me know if you have specific questions as I work in Integrative Medicine and this is what we handle every day.

Rota
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM

The healthy fats are olive oil and coconut oil. Fish oil from purified sources or fish oil supplements (from purified sources) are another good oil. Milk products are OK only if they are organic.

Basherte
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I wouldn't worry about losing weight yet. 

You need all of that for the bm. Or so I've been told so I could totally be wrong. 

You having energy and taking care of your babies should be enough right now. Tell your hubby to back off.

Stay strong Momma. *hugs*

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)