Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UTI? or....

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hello Ladies!

My name is Jessica. My husband and I have been together 11 years, married 4 on May 2nd!

I am concerned... I have been having trouble urinating and it burns, usually as I'm finishing it hurts BAD for a few seconds... I thought I was also bleeding but I started my period so I'm not sure thats the case anymore.... I have been searching symptoms and it sounds like a UTI or kidney stones possibly... I have some symptoms of both but the symptoms are common for many things, (pain during intercourse, chills, nausea, abdominal pain, tiredness.. as well as what I mentioned above) Any ideas what it could be? STD`s came up in  search, but we've both been faithful no doubt about that so I don't think that's the issue and I have no idea how soon I can get in to my OB/GYN, I am trying to get back on medical so I can go see her.... and DH and I both work, he usually takes our truck since I can walk to work and we only have the one vehicle now.. but.....  I'm just worried... :( and I can't sleep. 

Thank you.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM

It does sound like a UTI to me.  You need to go see your doctor who will test your urine and if it is indeed a UTI will be able to prescribe both an antibiotic and something to relieve the pain.  In the meantime, be sure you're drinking plenty of fluids.

candygirl831
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Drink plenty of fluids; water, cranberry juice...

feel better soon

rocky_mtn_mama
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Hope you're feeling better by now.

tnovak
by New Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Whenever that happens I drink water with some baking soda in it. Its pretty gross but always solves the problem.

ny_momof3
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Cranberry juice!! As natural as you can find as sugars will make it worse. I have no insurance and am susceptible to uti's. I even get kidney infections if I ignore it long enough. The bloody pee is no bueno mama! Grab a bottle of cranberry pills as well. If you start feeling bad back pain by your waist where you can't breathe in, get to urgent care! It's spreading upwards. Regular antiBs won't cut it. There's a dif class for uti and kidney infections.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM
UTIs can be dangerous if left untreated. I'd get to a doctor or walk in clinic. Sounds like you need some antibiotics.
Basherte
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Go to the dr. then when you get medical, they will still pay for it.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)