Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

where can I find some recipes for vegetarians (piog)

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

Can anybody recommend any magazines, web sites all recipes. We normally eat meat 6 to 7 days a week for dinner ,but for my husbands health we need to put it down. I'm aiming to eat it at least 3 to 4 times a week.I have been looking on Pinterest already how to get some ideas just need many more thanks !

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jhslove
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Vegetarian Times is a good resource. There are also a lot of great vegetarian food blogs--just google "vegetarian food blogs" and look around until you find some you like.

What kinds of foods does your family like to eat?

aprilsalcro
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I'm willing to try anything once. So it doesn't matter. Thanks off to google

Quoting jhslove:

Vegetarian Times is a good resource. There are also a lot of great vegetarian food blogs--just google "vegetarian food blogs" and look around until you find some you like.

What kinds of foods does your family like to eat?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

This link might help.

http://www.food.com/recipes/vegetarian

balagan_imma
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM

We use allrecipes.com epicurious.com

For cookbooks (take them out of the library to test drive them before you buy) The Passionate Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon, How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bitman, The Enchanted Broccoli Forest and the MooseWood Cookbooks, and The Vegetarian Epicure

Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 1, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Healthy.Happy.Life has some great vegan recipes.  I've tried a few of them and they were a hit with my family. 

ny_momof3
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I never tried tofu before and I found some organic non-gmo on sale so I bought it and found a recipe after googling 'kid friendly vegan recipes'. I ended up cutting the tofu in 1cm strips and breading it with a mixture of parmesan, farina (I didn't have anything else as a filler but it gave it some nice texture), and seaoned slat (which I'd leave out next time, the parm was very salty already). I gently fried it in evoo and served it after cooling w Classico Pizza Sauce (also on sale 2/$1). I used the rest of the dredging mix to finish off brussel sprouts that I threw in the same oil from the tofu mixed with some balsamic. Lastly, I had a tray of alfalfa sprouts I sprouted super clean and easy ( you can see how here - http://dhapked.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/simple-sprouts/ ). I threw a plate of cheese and tomatoes together and a bowl of leftover veggy chili from the night before. Between all that and some buttered bread, everyone felt satisfied from the big selection. The Tofu was a huge hit with my husband and two kids. My carnivore child might take some more convincing. 

preacherskid
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

VegNews Magazine has some good looking recipes, you can get emails with a different recipe every few weeks if you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)