Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I dont know where to post BUT please HELP identify BUG

Posted by   + Show Post

Ever since last Sunday, I broke out in a icthy rash on my legs and abdomen. Yesterday when my leg started to itch, I closely examined it and found this bug crawling on it, Its like the size of a dot but with the help of my phone, I was able to zoom in quite a but but still not enough to properly identify. Could you ladies help me please to figure out what this is so I can work on getting rid of it. This was the 3rd one I found but the first two times I freaked out, like I said its extremely tiny.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Replies (11-18):
carly32
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I am now horrified by this!!

Quoting Mommyx2BG:

Carly32 I was on the phone with bed bug companies yesterday and they were saying if it's a new infestation, it's really hard to find them. I looked over our entire bed and nothing. He said they could even be in the bed frame itself or they can hide in the walls

la_mona
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I had them once in an apartment after someone gave my a sofa. Does it only happen when you laying down in bed? Did you recently go on a trip or buy something new/used? If you did just have them treat now before they spread it only gets worse don't wait!
Mommyx2BG
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM
The first bites did not happen when I was laying in bed, I was in the living room and it was during the day, I had just started antibiotics a few days prior so I originally thought it was a side effect because it was only on my lowerlegs. I now have them on my hips, inner thighs, abdomen, and lower back. I've had several drs confirm that while they don't know what it is, my rashes are a reaction to something but defiantly not from the medication.

What did you do to get rid of them?

Quoting la_mona:

I had them once in an apartment after someone gave my a sofa. Does it only happen when you laying down in bed? Did you recently go on a trip or buy something new/used? If you did just have them treat now before they spread it only gets worse don't wait!
Mommyx2BG
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Also we were at the Disneyland hotel a week prior, not only have we stayed there many times before but we were in a suite with other family members and none have them have complained ( we talk daily). Not saying we couldn't have got them from there cause its very likely, but its just crazy that only we are being affected or I'm. One person out of 9

Quoting la_mona:

la_mona
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I had to throw most of my things away(just from waiting so long) and pay about 300 to have my apartment sprayed watch this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVk3xFClDQA&sns=em) see if that seems like what's happening btw the most common way to get them is from a hotel room so if it started right after its more then likely bedbugs and as for the other family if they have pets they may think its fleas that's what happened to me I noticed it wasn't fleas after a month or so( hence throwing my things away. Good luck
Jazzdoll
by on May. 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Definitely a bedbug. Looks like someone brought them back from the hotel in a suitcase and/or with clothing so start checking any chairs/couches/beds you may have set anything down on when you got home.
ny_momof3
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Its so tiny!!! I know you said it doesn't jump but I thought bed bugs were bigger? My guess is still flea (which has that oblong body) or louse (we recently had lice but they really can't live off the head much but there are body lice too)... Set up a desk lamp on the floor overnight pointing down into a bowl of soapy water near where you were being bit. They head towards the heat but fall into the water and the soap traps them. After a few nights you'll def be amazed by what is around. Always helped me confirm what is crawling around! Benadryl might help w the itching.
.strawberry.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM

bed bug.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)