Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I weight 307 lbs!

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have always been a big girl since I was 12. Not always over weight mind you just big. I don't eat a lot of junk/fried/fast foods drink ridiculous amounts of soda(don't drink many at all actually). I love water just need to drink more. But every since I had my son in "03 until my last child in "11 I have been gaining and not losing weight. I will say I have not been the most active person for various reasons over the years. I tried to get into tennis since its fun and I thought that would help but gave up due to lack of partners. Have a gym membership but no means to get there. Bought a jump rope yesterday and one of those balls since I'm house bound most of the time. I cook mostly veggies with chicken we eat salad most of our food is baked and I'm not a big fan of oil or salt(had my gallbladder removed). Most people assume that I have extensive medical conditions but I have none though its very common in my family(I'd rather not wait till it starts) I just need some help or direction for simple ways to get started that don't require me to stop eating certain things just to work(once you lose the weight you start eating that and it comes back). I should mention I have a pinched nerve due to an accident and need to work around that. My goal weight is 180 lbs and I'm 5'5 and 28 Please if you have any ideas let me know thank you
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahMommie
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:37 AM
A few things you can swap "this for that" instead of going without such as: using oil and vinegar for salad dressing instead of dressing there are a lot of calories in dressing:: use yogurt instead of sour cream:: use low fat cheeses instead of whole fat (this can be tricky as it doesn't always say on the package) for any grains you eat (bread bagel tortillas chips ect) eat whole grain not "white or wheat" also a big thing to get your metabolism going is eating 6-8 small meals a day rather than 3 and a snack. With every meal you should drink atleast a 6oz glass of water:-) also my dh mom is over weight and she completely cut out pop and sweet tea and lost a lot of weight right away and she wasn't drinking a crazy amount maybe 1-2 a day. If you can substitute your cooking oil to olive oil as a daily user that would help also.
la_mona
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Quoting SarahMommie:

A few things you can swap "this for that" instead of going without such as: using oil and vinegar for salad dressing instead of dressing there are a lot of calories in dressing:: use yogurt instead of sour cream:: use low fat cheeses instead of whole fat (this can be tricky as it doesn't always say on the package) for any grains you eat (bread bagel tortillas chips ect) eat whole grain not "white or wheat" also a big thing to get your metabolism going is eating 6-8 small meals a day rather than 3 and a snack. With every meal you should drink atleast a 6oz glass of water:-) also my dh mom is over weight and she completely cut out pop and sweet tea and lost a lot of weight right away and she wasn't drinking a crazy amount maybe 1-2 a day. If you can substitute your cooking oil to olive oil as a daily user that would help also.

I like your ideas. I actually thought wheat was my friend....lol I'm going to have to get a watch though for the 6-8 meals since on a good day I eat twice no snacking and then there are times where all I want is to stuff my face but that's not predictable. I do love yogurt but I want to switch to the Greek kind less sugar but the water thing is a good idea since I only drink something when I feel thirsty. But still good ideas thanks
Athira
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM

reduce carbohydrates in take...and it will help

SarahMommie
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM
:-) good luck!!!

Quoting la_mona:

Quoting SarahMommie:

I like your ideas. I actually thought wheat was my friend....lol I'm going to have to get a watch though for the 6-8 meals since on a good day I eat twice no snacking and then there are times where all I want is to stuff my face but that's not predictable. I do love yogurt but I want to switch to the Greek kind less sugar but the water thing is a good idea since I only drink something when I feel thirsty. But still good ideas thanks
la_mona
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Thank you SarahMommie

carly32
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I think the small meals throughout the day idea will really help you. I also would suggest walking when you have free time. Put the kids in strollers bikes or wagons and just go for a walk:)
AromaDrops33
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
The key to my weight loss was of course making better choices as far as food goes, walking was a big thing for me and I used DoTerra slim and sassy products to give me energy and curb my cravings
sonshining
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

All good ideas above on food. Also, don't eat late, when you know you'll be sedentary. And there is the active part. If you are housebound, what can you do around the house? Put a lot of move into housework. Play funky music when vacuuming, mopping and dusting, and move around dancing, turn housework into a workout. What is your neighborhood like? Get out and walk listenng to upbeat music. Start with down the block and back. Graduate to two blocks etc. You CAN DO IT, attitude is key. Finally, put up inspring photos around for reminders. Put up an outfit you will get when you reach your ideal weight, your "before picture" next to a frame for your "after picture", etc.

la_mona
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Quoting sonshining:

All good ideas above on food. Also, don't eat late, when you know you'll be sedentary. And there is the active part. If you are housebound, what can you do around the house? Put a lot of move into housework. Play funky music when vacuuming, mopping and dusting, and move around dancing, turn housework into a workout. What is your neighborhood like? Get out and walk listenng to upbeat music. Start with down the block and back. Graduate to two blocks etc. You CAN DO IT, attitude is key. Finally, put up inspring photos around for reminders. Put up an outfit you will get when you reach your ideal weight, your "before picture" next to a frame for your "after picture", etc.

I do tend to eat a sit/lay down and then get sleepy/fall asleep. Today I did buy some heathier food and exercised for 15 min.which is a lot for me by next week I hope to be up to 30 min by next week. I really appreciate all the ideas and incuragement 

sonshining
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM

GOOD! Good for you. I meant to say when you go to the store grab lots of healthy snacks, carrot sticks, apples, almost summer fruit time! Something good to do is journal. And ask your kids to write you letters. Have the ones who can write and ask the little one, "what do you love best about me?" And then read them. These children are the reason you want to be healthy! You want to teach them good healthy habits and be there to see them graduate school and get married, etc... You'll be inspired when you see how much they need you! :)  

Quoting la_mona:

Quoting sonshining:

I do tend to eat a sit/lay down and then get sleepy/fall asleep. Today I did buy some heathier food and exercised for 15 min.which is a lot for me by next week I hope to be up to 30 min by next week. I really appreciate all the ideas and incuragement 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)