Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms
I have always been a big girl since I was 12. Not always over weight mind you just big. I don't eat a lot of junk/fried/fast foods drink ridiculous amounts of soda(don't drink many at all actually). I love water just need to drink more. But every since I had my son in "03 until my last child in "11 I have been gaining and not losing weight. I will say I have not been the most active person for various reasons over the years. I tried to get into tennis since its fun and I thought that would help but gave up due to lack of partners. Have a gym membership but no means to get there. Bought a jump rope yesterday and one of those balls since I'm house bound most of the time. I cook mostly veggies with chicken we eat salad most of our food is baked and I'm not a big fan of oil or salt(had my gallbladder removed). Most people assume that I have extensive medical conditions but I have none though its very common in my family(I'd rather not wait till it starts) I just need some help or direction for simple ways to get started that don't require me to stop eating certain things just to work(once you lose the weight you start eating that and it comes back). I should mention I have a pinched nerve due to an accident and need to work around that. My goal weight is 180 lbs and I'm 5'5 and 28 Please if you have any ideas let me know thank you
by on May. 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Replies (11-15):
la_mona
by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting sonshining:

You are right they are the main reason I need to do this other than that I'm not happy at my current weight. Mind you I'm not downing myself or depressed about it but I would love to be there to see them graduate or get married God willing. As for the snacks that's an excellent idea though I will have a hard time keeping some to myself since they already love fruits and veggies(I taught them that) but definitely habits I need to follow myself. My first step is to get my mom/self to stop bringing soda and candy or other sweets into the house . But as they say bad habits can be hard to break.....baby steps first and foremost no more soda,candy(don't normally drink/eat many when I'm not here) and increase my water and food consumption. Get the metabalisum working
bertie4
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I hope you have success in meeting your goal! Good luck. (Sorry no tips but I know you are getting some good ones from other ladies.)

Theresathmc
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Hi,

Just so you know, although,probably only a little comforting,  you aren't alone, as many people do struggle with losing weight.  For various different reasons many have troube making the scale budge, including myself in the past.  There are lots of different little things that could be responsible for this.  And I totally feel your frustration, especially eating the way you say, and getting nowhere.  I am a health and nutrition coach, and do have a free report that you can get, 5 Secrets Sabotaging your weight loss  Many times the two major reasons that people have trouble losing weight are hormone imbalance, (estrogen dominance), and, or Thyroid.  The thing  are is that these days, doctors, even endocrinologists, unless you find a really good one, are not as skilled as they should be regarding thyroid.  Because of this, they take the basic tests, which aren't always accurate, or do not go deep enough.  Therefore, there are lots of people walking around who have been tested for low thyroid, and the tests come out as though they are fine, but really, if the dr, were to have dug a little deeper, they would have found that the person did have low thyroid, and that is the problem.  My own doctor was the same way.  Only because I was able to tell her what tests to take, did she take the right ones.  Another helpful thing that may not seem like it would work, but really does help is having enough Omega 3.  If you want more details, get the free report, go to my sight, or contact me through my site.  http://www.healthandwellnessbytheresa.com/ I am really passionate about helping people either lose weight, and/or prevent or reverse disease.  It really makes me sad that there are people out there who if they just had a little more info, could really be helped.  So, hopefully this was at least a little helpful.

Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

If you buy ANY packaged food, avoid these ingredients; High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Caramel Color, Soy. You'll notice a difference in about 30 days.  You'll also notice that avoiding those ingredients limits the type of packaged food you can buy, especially if you shop at typical box stores (Target, Walmart, discount grocery stores, etc).

Try buying fresh veggies to eat with every meal and add fresh fruit to your breakfast.  Meal plan and cook as many things from scratch as possible.  Use a cookbook if you need ideas or try searching for recipes online. 

Walking is a great form of exercise.  You can start by walk just 15 minutes day 

musicpisces
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You can do it!  I was 269 lbs when I started, and I've lost 113 lbs so far.  I have a few journals about what's been working for me:

Clean eating

What's working for me

Weight loss tips

Resources

Easy breakfast ideas

Take from them what you will- we're all different of course, but doing what speaks to you and feels like something you could do for life is really key.

Good luck!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN