Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

calories and macro nutrients

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
I am losing the baby weight and have 20lbs until prepregnancy and 30 until I'm happy lol. Obviously I want it done as fast as possible, but I'm nursing and I have noticed in the past that when I dip too low while nursing I just don't lose weight. My supply is never affected but I'll be starving and I'll still weigh the same. So I am now sitting at 1600-1800 daily with my calories being 50% carb, 35-40% protein, and 10-15% fats. I was wondering what everyone else is eating? The last time I was eating calories in this range I was weight lifting heavily. Its a bit of an adjustment. Thanks!
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I eat fruits and veggies, not so much for snacks though.  I love unsweetened dried fruits and nuts too.  Sometimes plain yogurt with granola and raw honey.  

Rota
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM

You could try increasing your fat intake ( healthy fats- butter, olive oil, coconut oil, other nut and seed oils). Most people trying to lose weight do not eat enough fats. Fats DO NOT cause heart disease. That statement is slowly getting into the minds of doctors- ever so slowly). When you eat enough fats, you are not hungry, you mobilize your leptin hormones ( those that help you lose weight). I know it sounds counterproductive and confusing, but look how many people on low calorie diets are struggling..............

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN