Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I'm 21 and found a lump in my breast...

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

I found it last night in my right breast. It's hard and fairly big. I'm getting worried about it, but to be honest don't really have time to worry about it. I have made an appointment to get checked out by a doctor next week, but untill then I'll be worrying about trying not to worry about it lol... Anyways, any advice anyone can give me on what to expect or what to do? Thanks :)

by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sonshining
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Hmm... no, but glad you ARE having it checked out. Is there breast cancer in your family history? I had a pretty hard lump that turned out to be calcium buildup. It was shortly after having my son. So, don't worry, but do have it checked out.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
At your age it's probably nothing, but a good thing you are getting it checked out to be sure.
LostTheSlipper
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I had one at about 23/24, and, like sonshining, it was just calcium buildup.

SeventiesChild
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

What time of the month is it for you? I heard you should only check your breasts on a certain day because you may feel something suspicious on other days that end up being nothing. I think its the fifth day you should check. Not sure. I freaked out over what i thought was a lump but it wasn't. I hope this is what happened to you.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Glad you're going to get that checked out.  It could be nothing but it's worth putting your mind at ease.  (((hug)))

musicpisces
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I'm glad you're getting it checked out!  Hopefully it's nothing!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Melissa823
by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Let us know what the doctor says! Praying it's nothing!

Chillisarah
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had one since 2002.  Mine is a benign tumor so it's not cancerous.  A lot of women get them according to what my doctor said.  They will give you an ultrasound.  It might just be a cyst.  If it's a tumor then they might want to do a biopsy.  I'm 29.  I'm sure everything is fine and I'm thinking positive thoughts for you!

Karma1124
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Just got scheduled for an ultrasound next week, so I'm hoping its just a cyst or something. thanks for the positive thoughts :)

ProudMommy51006
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I had one too, I had an ultrasound and a biopsy. It's a lymphnode.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN