Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms
Does anyone know of any natural ways to get rid of a sinus infection? I feel one coming on (that damn post-nasal drip) and really don't want to take antibiotics. Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Replies (11-13):
calimom1123
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:14 AM
I used to get lots of sinus infections,like 3 a year. 2oz apple cider vinger mixed with 2oz water works great. I cut out dairy/wheat and havent had one in over 5yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Athira
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • Horseradish can also be effective to cure a congested nasal due to sinus infection. Grate the radish into tiny pieces and hold a pinch of it in your mouth. Leave it there for a couple of minutes. The flavor of the horseradish moves up to your sinus and eases and dissolves the mucus formed in the sinus. When the flavor has evaporated, swallow the grated radish to eliminate the mucus from your throat.
  • Turmeric – Thanks to a powerful compound found in turmeric known as curcumin, turmeric possesses powerful health benefits. Among the health benefits of turmeric is the spice’s ability to treat sinus infection. Curcumin helps to heal the sinus cavity and clear the airways. Since sinus infections are caused by nasal inflammation, and turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory properties, the spice can be seen as one of the existing natural cures for sinus infection
  • Oregano Oil – While it may not be the most accessible of the home remedies for sinus infection, oregano oil can be an effective sinus infection treatment. Not only could you simply ingest the oregano oil, but the oil can also be steamed and inhaled over a stove (with eyes closed). In addition to being a potential treatment for sinus infection, oregano oil benefits may also help to improve digestion, aid in fighting infections, and improve biological function – especially in the liver and colon.

steph.sublette
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM

OMGEE, You and me both girl. Is it natural if i just rip the damn sinuses out? Im so over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)