Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Type 2 Diabetes help

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm having to cut all pasta out of my diet :(. Anyone have great recipes with rice? Thanks in advance :)
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Rota
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

If you have diabetes, rice, potatoes, bread, pasta, cereal, etc are not your friends and should be just about eliminated. Type 2 diabetes is totally curable but not with medications. It's all about diet and exercise. Unfortunately, most physicians and many nutritionists still think that it is a blood sugar problem when it is an insulin resistant and leptin signaling problem. By relying on medications, which ONLY treat the symptoms and do nothing about the cause, you will be making your disease worse. If you need up to date information about diabetes, email me and I will send you the latest. foundationsforhealth@yahoo.com

Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Here's a list to tons of diabetes recipes.  I'd also try shopping at alternative grocery stores in my areas that sell natural and organic goods (stores like Whole Foods). 

Basherte
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Rice needs to go too.

CafeMom Tickers
kquad
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Basically it's carbohydrates you are avoiding I think. They turn to sugar. that's what pasta is, but also the potatoes, rice, and so on...

karisma22
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Rice is not good for diabetics either.  Try replacing your pasta with vegies.  Take a potato (vegie) peeler and peel zucchini, carrots, yellow squash, etc.  Steam the vegies, until just done.  Use them just like pasta.

EthansMomma2010
by on May. 28, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Complex carbs are different from simple carbs. What you need is a healthy amount of complex carbs. This can include whole wheat pasta and such.but the best is stuff made with ancient grains. Cosco has a lot of options with ancient grains. I have pcos which works very similar to type 2 diabetes and these are changes I have had to make.
aehutmacher
by on May. 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM
You know, you may not want to hear this, but new research suggests that twice daily consumption of marijuana greatly reduces blood sugar/"bad"cholesterol on 5counts, despite the fact that users typically eat 600 more calories/day than non-users, and they still have smaller waistlines. Just putting it out there.

http://norml.org/news/2013/05/23/study-regular-cannabis-use-associated-with-reduced-risk-factors-for-type-2-diabetes
MrsBoats08
by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Thanks ladies for all the info. I see my doc on Thursday, to talk about diet and yay bloodwork. I've also cut out all soda :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN