Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Mysterious bruises

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

Pardon my gross looking leg, but these bruises have been showing up on my leg for over a week now. I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm getting them. They are on my upper thigh areas. Mostly on This leg but some on the other also. It's so weird. If think if have to hit my leg pretty hard to get those. I've also noticed that I've been even more tired than usual and my joints have been very sore. My fingers and toes have been swelling up a lot. Obviously I need to see a doc and I will ASAP but just curious if anybody had any clues what it could possibly be or had similar experiences.
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Iron deficiency?

LostTheSlipper
Today is a "blah" day.
Yesterday at 6:40 PM
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I often have bruises and don't know how I got them. I'm not gonna worry about 'em. I'm still breathing.

Basherte
by on May. 27, 2013 at 7:27 AM

That sounds like there are issues here that need to be addressed by a doctor. This sounds really familiar to me, but I can't put my finger on what it is called.

Shaunaleigh418, might be right.

I used to always have bruises that I didn't know where they came from until I realized that I was bumping myself at work and just didn't realize it when I was bumping myself, because of the attention being on what I was doing and not on my body. Plus in the summer time, I would have welts from the guys shooting rubber bands at everyone. They guys had welts all over from it too. We weren't supposed to be wipping rubber bands at each other, but we did it anyway. had to do something in order to not fall asleep! LOL

I gave as many welts as I got though.

CafeMom Tickers
LCG83
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:14 AM
That's what I keep thinking too, but I've been tested a few times and it always come back negative. I wouldn't be as concerned if it wasn't for the overwhelming tiredness and horrible body pain (which I think might be arthritis?).

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Iron deficiency?

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM

If you can't recall bumping yourself then I'd go get checked out, get some blood work done.

musicpisces
by *Suzanne* on May. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Blood work for sure- there are several deficiencies and other issues that can lead to this.  Your doc will ask you questions to rule out different things, and then have you do blood tests most likely to identify the cause.  Hopefully it's a simple deficiency you can make up for with diet and supplements!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LCG83
by on May. 28, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Thank you everyone. I will try to remember to update.
mommy074ever
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I often get bruising just like that on my legs aswell, i am a heavier white  women who seriously needs a tan lol so honestly i thought that was why i noticed bruising but my dr says i have low blood platlets after doing a blood test your dr may be able to tell you something similar.

or maybe its the fried chicken and gasoline (refering ofcourse to your photo) lol

LCG83
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I am a pale ass fat white woman so maybe that is it. Lololol. And BAHAHAHA about my pic! Gotta love the Devils Rejects. Lol!

Quoting mommy074ever:

I often get bruising just like that on my legs aswell, i am a heavier white  women who seriously needs a tan lol so honestly i thought that was why i noticed bruising but my dr says i have low blood platlets after doing a blood test your dr may be able to tell you something similar.

or maybe its the fried chicken and gasoline (refering ofcourse to your photo) lol

Jazzdoll
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I lost a friend to Leukemia and his only symptoms for a long time were unknown bruising and joint pain.  Please go get checked out sooner rather than later.

When it comes to sax, bigger IS better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)