Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you could stock your fridge with anything

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 4 Replies
What would it be? We are moving cross country to a brand new fridge and pantry so its time to restock the healthy way. What would out in your fridge and pantry?
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Fruits & veggies
Pita chips, hummus and healthy dips
Cereal/oatmeal

preacherskid
by Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Lots of fruits and veggies.  Almond milk.  Bread and tortillas.  Simple proteins like eggs.  The list could go on.  I would start with what is eaten most often and build from there- what is in season, what is available, what is on sale, etc.

Basherte
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Fridge: butter, milk, juice, eggs, other drinks, fruit, some veggies... freezer: meats, veggies.

pantry: flour (all purpose, bread, cake flour), rice, potatoes (a dark place is best), noodles (a variety of sizes and shapes), snacks like fruit snacks, goldfish and the like.

fridge: (I forgot something) yeast. It lasts longer in the fridge.

Yeast will allow you to bake bread, pizza dough, all kinds of things. Healthier because you know exactly what you are putting in there. No preservatives, no extra salt, or fat.

If you have a mixer.. you can make hummus from scratch and it's so yummy. I have a recipe.

bakind salt, baking soda, vinegar, wine (or cooking wine, just don't add any salt to whatever you use cooking wine for.)

Don't forget a cupboard to fill with seasonings. All kinds

cereal/oatmeal...

You can make your own dip with cream cheese, and fresh fruit. or cream cheese/sour cream and seasoning.

Lipton onion soup mix (or make your own) and sour cream... makes a pretty darn good dip. If you make your own it will be even better. The onion won't be hard crunchy/ but fresh crunchy, it's always better.

CafeMom Tickers
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Pantry would be spices that i use frequently, grains, hot cereals, cold cereals, flours, baking items, oils, legumes, vitamins, teas, alternative sweeteneres, dried fruits, nuts and seeds.

Fridge would be, dairy, seed milks, nut milks, eggs, butter, produce, basic condiments, lunch meats and sliced cheese, kombucha tea, kefir, yogurts, cold vitamins, and maybe a few items for dinner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)