Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

OT--PIOG--Advice, input, anything?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 1 Replies

My 5 year old has a Baker's Cyst...again...3 years ago, when he was 2, he had one. They told me they could either drain it or do surgery to completely remove it. They told me that if they just drained it chances were it would come back, but with surgery it shouldn't. I had a hard time deciding but eventually decided to have it removed. He does not feel pain, and I didn't want any problems caused from it rupturing or getting infected and him not being able to feel it so me not knowing. Now, 3 years later, it's back. Same exact spot, right under the scar from the previous one, this one is just bigger. We just got back from the ultrasound appt that confirmed it is for sure another cyst. I know I should just be patient and wait to hear from his Dr. but I am concerned that it came back. In the same spot. Should I be worried? Could it be something serious causing these cysts? It just seems weird that it is back only 3 years after they removed the first one...Anyone have any experience with this?

by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
amonkeymom
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I don't have any experience, but I'd probably be worried as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN