Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I can't afford a vitamix

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Jen
  • 7 Replies
So what's the next best thing? I want something I can throw veggies and fruit into and make it puréed like a smoothie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
suetoo
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Kitchen Aid blender or food processor works for me.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I was thinking about a ninja system it's much less.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM

America's Test Kitchen said that the Breville Hemisphere Control Blender is really good for the price.  I did a quick search and saw it as low as $129 up to $199.  Also, I've heard the Nutri Bullets (is that the name?) really good. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Thanks!!! That was REALLY helpful. 

Quoting Alyson121:

America's Test Kitchen said that the Breville Hemisphere Control Blender is really good for the price.  I did a quick search and saw it as low as $129 up to $199.  Also, I've heard the Nutri Bullets (is that the name?) really good. 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

You're welcome mama! ;-)  I always go to there channel when i'm looking for new kitchen products as their reviews are pretty extensive. 

Quoting mypbandj:

Thanks!!! That was REALLY helpful. 

Quoting Alyson121:

emmypaige
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I have a Hamilton beach maybe? Or cuisine art? Idk it works good, but I use my mr coffee frappe maker for smoothies all the time. Three years later, and it's still awesome.
PeaceMuch
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I just use a cheapo Hamilton Beach and it makes smoothies good for me. I put spinach and other greens and use frozen berries.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)