Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tiny shrunken breasts after breast-feeding - short of surgery, what to do?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello everyone,

I am 33 years old and a mom to two beautiful girls - 3 years old and 18 months old. I breastfed both my children - the older girl until she was 1 (6 months exclusively) and my second until she was 6 months (also exclusively). It's been just about a year since I stopped breastfeeding, which I think is long enough for my breasts to recover. Except they haven't, at all. I went from being a very full C to D-cup to barely being able to fill out a B-cup. It doesn't even feel like a boob, it just feels like loose skin. My nipples are shriveled and sad.  Now I will spare y'all the whining and crying I do to my mirror and to my husband, but after trying on some bathing suits today I realize the time to take some action has come. The only thing is, I am truly frightened of plastic surgery so I'm not ready to go down that route yet. Has anyone tried any alternative remedies or ANYTHING other than plastic surgery to increase breast size after breastfeeding? Can anyone give me any recommendations? (FYI - this is not because of weight loss or anything - everywhere else I am pretty much the same size or slightly bigger than I was before the babies).

Or, if anyone has had plastic surgery after breastfeeding, maybe you can tell me about your experience? And if it was positive and you live in the NYC/Northern NJ area, give me a referral? (I do not plan on having any more children).

Thanks!

From

-Sad about my disappeared boobs

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
N_maricle
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I know the feeling... I get sad when I see how loose and wrinkly the skin is, especially when I lie on my back with my arms overhead. It's like, wth just happened. My boobs have been replaced with deflated wrinkle sacks. Lulz.

alc4evermom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Weight lifting and upper body strength training brought the perk back for me.  You have to give yourself time to fill out again. 

jiffypop2207
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Can't help much. Mine "shrank" to a d. (started as a c then went to a dd)
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:19 PM

You may want to have a proper bra fitting at some place that sells top of the line fitted bras.  I thought i was a C to D cup after having children only to realize i was a DDD and my back size was WAY smaller.  Having a proper fitting also helps your boobs "sit up" so they don't have the sagging look, which happens after childbirth. 

I ended up spending about $250 for 4 bras but it was worth it. 

shaylas3
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I am in the same boat :( I feel like they look nasty when they are not full. I am still feeding so when they are full ( painfully full) they look great. This is my last baby iam 23 and I fed my daughter till 14mo. my son now will be 1 on Friday. Iam aiming to feed him to two years. As soon as I save the money for fake ones I am getting them. After giving our babies the best we deserve to feel good about ourselves.
rubyflame13
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I know exactly how you feel...I am currently breast feeding baby number four and my boobs are deflated balloons when not full. I too am afraid of plastic surgery and don't think we could ever afford it. I have seen a documentary about a suction device to help increase breast size. The woman was trying it as an alternative to surgery, she too was unhappy with her breast size and appearance.  It worked for her but appeared to be a lengthy process. You have to wear a suction device at night and during the day once and apply a special cream to your breast tissue to encourage expansion. It works in the same way the a penis pump does. Anyway that's the only other solution that I have ever seen...still looking for a more cost effective one right now. I'm dieting and working out so maybe that will help like the previous poster suggested...please update if you find anything that you are thinking of trying. Good luck!

preacherskid
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Building your upper body muscles can lift your breasts a bit.  I also agree that a properly fitted bra will help a lot.  I plan to have myself profesionally fitted once ydd weans as a gift to myself.  

APSedi
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I'm in the same boat. Sorry, no advice, just understanding.

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Strangely, hypnosis works.

It's one of the weirdest parts of the research. Who knows why someone though 'let's try that'... well, maybe we could guess :D... but the fact is someone did it and found it worked.

The people who looked at the research basically said 'go away!' (or something like it :D) and tried to prove them wrong. They got the same results. Other research teams said, let's be honest: 'fuck off, no way!' and re-did the tests... same results.

You can increase your breast size with hypnosis, period. Lots and lots of research proves it :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)