Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Smoothie fail:(

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 12 Replies
So...I found a recipe for a chocolate banana smoothie and it was pretty much disgusting lol.

Anyone have any recipes, tips, etc? Trying to figure out a tasty but healthy smoothie
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alysson99
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I just use fruit and veggies. I normally use a banana, orange, and strawberries for the base, and then whatever else I have that will add a little more dimension, mango is awesome, apricots, or blueberries. I also put in carrots and spinach or swiss chard (you can't taste them), and flax or chia seeds, and some water. Tastes delicious. Just put some of your favorite fruits in there, and then add veggies that aren't too strong, and you have a great and healthy smoothie.

raegan1221
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM

That sounds way better than the one I had haha..Thanks!

Quoting alysson99:

I just use fruit and veggies. I normally use a banana, orange, and strawberries for the base, and then whatever else I have that will add a little more dimension, mango is awesome, apricots, or blueberries. I also put in carrots and spinach or swiss chard (you can't taste them), and flax or chia seeds, and some water. Tastes delicious. Just put some of your favorite fruits in there, and then add veggies that aren't too strong, and you have a great and healthy smoothie.

Basherte
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM

low fat yogurt

ice

fave fruit

bit of juice

CafeMom Tickers
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:26 PM

What ingredients did the recipe use?

i've made chocolate banana smoothies before and they tasted pretty good.  Were you looking for a sweeter tasting smoothie or was the consistency off/ 

For the smoothies i've made like this i've used about 3 bananas, whole milk (or milk alternative like hemp or almond), raw cacao powder and a bit of pure maple syrup.  Sometimes i've made this same recipe with frozen banana so it came out like a frozen "ice-cream.'  Other times i've added some almond butter as well.  Sometimes i have even thrown in some strawberries. 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Oh right, forgot aboutt the yogurt. We add this too sometimes. 

Quoting Basherte:

low fat yogurt

ice

fave fruit

bit of juice

Amanda52007
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I've tried and failed also.

I want a smoothie that's kinda like a milkshake, and have yet to figure out how!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM
This one had yogurt and I think that was the problem. I was attempting to be healthy but I HATE yogurt. There was too much.

Quoting Alyson121:

What ingredients did the recipe use?

i've made chocolate banana smoothies before and they tasted pretty good.  Were you looking for a sweeter tasting smoothie or was the consistency off/ 

For the smoothies i've made like this i've used about 3 bananas, whole milk (or milk alternative like hemp or almond), raw cacao powder and a bit of pure maple syrup.  Sometimes i've made this same recipe with frozen banana so it came out like a frozen "ice-cream.'  Other times i've added some almond butter as well.  Sometimes i have even thrown in some strawberries. 

bottomline
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I put cottage cheese in my smoothie. It might sound gross at first but it makes the smoothie come out like a shake. I will also add a TBSP of what ever flavor or sugar free pudding will compliment the ingredients. I make a chocolate, peanut butter one that tastes like a Nutty Buddy. Yummo!

raegan1221
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have never thought of the cottage cheese. Great idea! I love cottage cheese LOL.

Quoting bottomline:

I put cottage cheese in my smoothie. It might sound gross at first but it makes the smoothie come out like a shake. I will also add a TBSP of what ever flavor or sugar free pudding will compliment the ingredients. I make a chocolate, peanut butter one that tastes like a Nutty Buddy. Yummo!

bottomline
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It really smoothes out the texture and thickens it up. And I can't tell it's in there.

Quoting raegan1221:

I would have never thought of the cottage cheese. Great idea! I love cottage cheese LOL.

Quoting bottomline:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)