Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What are some fun ways you get your kids to eat their fruit?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 127 Replies

Some kids love just about any fruit you put in front of them. But for some of moms, we need to get creative. 

What do you do to make sure your kids eat their fruit?

by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah824

DD(6) loves fruit so it is not a problem to get her to eat it. She loves fresh fruit and would it eat all day if I let her. Unfortunately DS(8.5) is another story. He doesn't like to try anything new and he stopped eating fruit a few years back. I make sure he drinks lots of 100% juice and he eats yogurt to help with his fruit intake. I am hoping that these Del Monte fruit cups help him at least try something new.

Firewoman33

My kids are 2 and 5 and love fruit. I serve it with breakfast and lunch and frequently snack time as well.

They just tried the mango in a cup and loved it! I do wish it came in juice instead of syrup. 

lizmarie1975

My children are 17, 8, 4, and 2. The 17 year old refuses to eat any type of fruit and has been that way almost his entire life.

My younger three are better. The 8 year old and 2 year old love most fruit. They can devour a pint of strawberries in one sitting. Watermelon is also a favorite of theirs. Apples and grapes are huge hits. I really don't have to be creative with them because I just have to put it out and they're all over it. They also love fruit cups and the 2 year old will still take a squeezable fruit pouch here and there.

My 4 year old is almost as bad as my 17 year old. He refuses to eat fruits too but I did make a strawberry lemonade one day and surprisingly he drank almost the entire concoction. I've started adding other fruits to the lemonade mixture for some variety and he loves it.

the3Rs

I've never really had a problem getting my kiddos to eat fruit or veggies.  I think it's because from the time they were really little it simply wasn't presented as an option.  And, if they wanted seconds of the main meal (or whatever) they had to finish fruits & veggies first.

My boys are now 14, 9 and 7 and they often ask for seconds of the fruit and veggies more often than of the main meal now.  :)

Janet

My kids love eating fruit. Apples, bananas, peaches, oranges, kiwi, etc.. They like most fruit. It's the veggies I have a hard time getting them to eat.

babynurse454

I don't have any issues with my dd eating fruit.....She likes to grab a snack pack of fruit for her snack after sports or dance.....easy and convenient!    Summer is awesome having all the fruit and the cheap prices.........

shajdinyak
by Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM
We have always eaten very well and are very lucky our two and five year old love to do so! There R not many fruits they dont like. They ask and are given fruit all through the day. Their favorites are apples,bananas, mangoes, pineapple, plums, peaches, really you name it and they pretty much love it:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2013 at 1:54 PM

My kids are better fruit eaters than I am, lol.

I have a 19 y/o, 11 y/o and 8 y/o. They all have their favorite fruits but living in an area with lots of fruit farms and local farm stands available they especially love our local produce, watermelon, cherries and apples are top choices. I don't do anything special to get them to eat it, I just have to have it available.

JonesMama

Ds is 8. He has always been pretty good about eating fruit if I put it on his plate. His favorites are pineapple, apples, strawberries, and grapes. If I feel like he's not getting enough fruits or veggies, I make sure to eat some in front of him...then he'll want it, too. When he was younger, I'd make fruit kabobs and ds and his cousin would devour them. Ds has always liked it when I'd put 3 or 4 different fruits on his plate at the same time, he liked the different colors.

babynurse454

Since my dd eats friut with no issue........I have had kids of friends that don't like fruit.......My suggestion to them is to make smoothies.....put fruit on pancakes or waffles.....make fruit fun....use skewers and make fruit kabobs with a dip.......lots of ways to get kids to eat fruit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)