Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep variety in your kids snack time?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM
  • 110 Replies

Kids will soon be heading back to school. And that means moms need to get back into the packing-lunch routine.  

Tell us how do you keep variety in your kids snack time.

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah824
1 mom liked this

I generally let the kids pick between whatever fruit we have on hand or they can have a yogurt or granola bar as an afterschool snack. As for lunch snacks they get a granola bar simply because we have no way of keeping their lunches cold enough for yogurt and if they are a little rough with the backpack or lunch box then the fruit gets banged up and they won't eat it.

balagan_imma
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM

We ask them what they would like for snacks. For my older 2 it's cheddar bunnies or an apple. My youngest LOVES fruit and nuts. So he'll pack a snack of dried fruit and nuts, or take grapes or an apple, sometimes it's snack crackers or cheddar bunnies.

MamaCeleste0722
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I like to give them a variety of different fruits, or crackers in their lunch. Sometimes string cheese. At home, they love yogurt with fruit, or crackers.

Babujai
I try to keep a good variety of fruits, veggies and things like yogurts around. Everyday I give them two choices, both different than what they had the day before.
yvonne37

I alternate between several things they like.  Fruits, cookies, vegetables, etc..  and they dont know what they will get until they open their lunchbox. Sometimes I add different things just to see if they will eat it.

mcginnisc

My girls get to choose between: fruits, veggies, yogurt, cheese, dried fruit that I portion into baggies, nuts, and even fruit snacks. If they get a "treat" it is homemade cookies/dessert. Typically, they will choose fruit, nuts, yogurt or cheese. 

In their lunchbox, they get a sandwich, a fruit, a veggie, a small bag of chips, a yogurt and a bottle of water. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I keep a variety of fruit on hand for snacks. We also have a lot of fresh vegetables and mixed nuts for snacking.
During the school year we by granola bars at Costco and get a variety to keep them from getting bored.
After school they make fruit smoothies
shajdinyak
We allow them to pick fruits and buy and have a large variety readily avaiable and acccessible to them throughout the day! We make lots of healthy, muffins , pancakes, cakes , smoothies with a variety of fruits in them:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I'll admit sometimes we get into a snacking rut. I have three children and they all like different snacks so there is a variety but each kid tend to stick with their favorite item/s. Popcorn is probably the number one snack in our the house. It's the only one that all 3 will go for. I keep fruit and veggies on hand but honestly it's not the first thing they grab when they are looking for a snack. I am hoping the Del Monte fruit items from this infuencer will change that.

I only have one that packs lunch for school, he tends to want the same stuff packed over and over again.

MamaJane

I put snack items in clear, stackable containers in my pantry.  It makes the pantry look nice and shows the kids exactly what is available, making it easy for them to spot healthy treats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)