Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you add a little sweetness to your child's day?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 122 Replies
1 mom liked this

We gave moms Del Monte Mango and Mango Pineapple Fruit CupĀ® Snacks for their school aged children. 

Check out what they had to say about their experience and then tell us, how do you add a little sweetness to your child's day?

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
yvonne37

My 7 year old brings lunch for school from home, it is very hard to keep the variety and to keep her from becoming bored of the same foods, while giving her healthy options. I usually give her a sandwich or wrap and to that I add fruits or a snack bar (some days something sweet like cookies). The Del Monte Fruit cups make an excellent way of combining the sweetness she craves with the healthy fruits her body needs. The cups are convenient to carry and easy to store... after trying them these will be in her lunch box at least 3 or 4 times a week  :)

sarah824

The Del Monte fruit cups are a great way to sweeten up the kids' day. We also eat lots of fresh fruit!

babynurse244
1 mom liked this
I try not to give my kids too many empty calories. Fruit is an excellent way to add a little sweetness to their day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep

My kids love fruit. When we pack our school lunches we try to include one piece of fruit or a fruit cup. :)

NWP

I always include a fruit in the kids school lunches. Most of the time I put in fresh fruit, but at least once a week I will include a fruit cup or apple sauce. I am excited to try the squeeze ones as my pre k child loves that kind of thing. I wish those bags were reusable.

sarah824

The Del Monte fruit cups are a great way to sweeten up the kids' day. We also eat lots of fresh fruit!

lizmarie1975

My 2 year old gets them in his lunch bag. According to his daycare provider, he really gobbles it up when it's snack time.

rfurlongg
Fresh fruit adds natural sweetness to every meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
I'm very careful about extra sugar for her.. I always have fresh fruit or the fruit cups.. she really liked the
Mango/pineapple.. I was surprised since she doesn't like mango.. which happens to be my favorite fruit. I will have to buy more of these for lunch boxes and snacks. She really has no choice when it comes to watching her sugar..we don't keep junk food at the house.
Thank you..... :))))
NWP

My kids are four and nine. Today was the first day of school and they both asked for pineapple. How convenient! I put the pineapple and mango fruit cups in their lunch and am looking forward to hear what they think of them tonight when they come home.

Mom2jngnc

It depends.... for teh most part they take fruit for snacks. Mainly due to the limitations the school has placed on what they bring. 
This sticks them with cookie type snacks when they get home, right before dinner :( 

the3Rs

I have three boys, ages 14, 9 and 7.  We eat the "typical" fruit - bananas, various berries, apples, oranges/cuties, grapes, but they were getting a bit bored.  What perfect timing for the Del Monte mango fruit cups!  When they came in the mail the kids were pretty excited to try them right away.

They're not back to school yet, so we had them for lunch that day here at home.  My younger two LOVED it.  They begged for more, so it looks like I'll need to hit up the grocery story for some more mango fruit cups.

My oldest son felt it was a bit too "tangy" - but then his tastes run more like mine and he's not as into venturing out of his "taste buds comfort zone".  :)

But, hey.  2 out of 3 kids surveyed say "more please!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)