Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What healthy snacks do you pack in your kid's lunchbox?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 119 Replies

We gave moms  Del Monte® FruitBurst™ Squeezers for their school aged children. 

Check out what they had to say about their experience and then tell us, what healthy snacks do you pack in your kid's lunchbox?

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
alandou

My dd is 4 years old and she loves any kind of squeezable food pouch. I gave her a del monte strawberry fruit pouch and she really liked it. she said "mmmm! it's strawberry and I love strawberry!" I really like them because it's practically mess free and very convenient. I even tried some of it and it is very smooth and flavorful!

Bob192

My kids ages 9, 6, 4, 2, and 2 LOVED the strawberry Del Monte Fruit Burst Squeezers!!  They kept asking for more!!  They were a perfect serving size to fit in their lunch boxes.  They let me have a taste and I was surprised at the the thick texture and they tasted so good!!  I have no worries at all about feeding these to my children!!  This will be an item that will be on my regular grocery list for school lunches!!  I may have to sneak a few for me also!!

sarah824

My kids are 8-1/2 (DS) and 6 (DD) and we were really excited to try the Fruit Sqeezers that came in our Influencer pack from Del Monte and Cafe Mom. We received the Simply Fruit flavor and couldn't wait to open them up and try them. I was very pleased and pleasantly surprised that each squeezer contains 1-1/2 servings of fruit. I thought this should be a super easy way to get my kids their fruits without having to fight DS about it too much. 

Both kids opened their squeezer and gave it a try and they hated them. They said the flavor wasn't horrible, but the consistency was unappealing. They compared it to eating jelly right out of the jar. :-(

I was so bummed because I was really looking forward to being able to put these in their lunch boxes this year. Guess we will just stick to yogurt and/or fresh fruit!

mcginnisc

We received the Strawberry flavored fruit squeezers from CM. I put them into their lunchboxes and they loved them. They liked them so much, they were gone by the 2nd day of school and I had to buy more from the store! My youngest loved the strawberry, but my oldest really dug the peach mango that I found at the store. The bonus of having veggies in them is great as my girls are not big fans of veggies even though they are given them for 2 meals a day. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Thelmama

My girls loved the squeezers.  My 7 year old couldn 't get it open and had to ask for help.  She has tiny hands and is petite but she loved them. They came home and wanted another one. I made them save it for another lunch day.  

I like to pack fruit or cheese and crackers or sometimes graham crackers with some peanut butter if they are allowed to have it in their class.  

yvonne37

My 7 year old tried on and said the taste was ok but she didn't like the consistency, to her it was like yogurt, and she does not like yogurt :/ 

I was crossing my fingers that she liked it because this would have been a great easy way to pack fruits and veggies in her lunch box.

yvonne37

I liked the package though.. it is easy and convenient not to mention it looks really cool :)

brownhoney21

My girls did not like the squeezers at all. Thy were like stage 1 baby food.

rfurlongg
My kids loved the fruit/veggie pouches from del Monte. I would use those in our 'on the go' snack bag. They are portable, relatively healthy, and they do not need to be refrigerated. I probably would put fresh fruit in the school lunchbox over the squeezers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975

We received the Mixed Berries Fruit Bursts and I think those were the biggest hit with my 2 year old. They weren't out of the box 2 minutes before he was clamorning for a package.

I really like them because they're easy to throw in a bag and he can feed himself during a car ride.

My 7 year old was not a fan, lol. She said they made her think of baby food.

Babujai

I think the FruitBurst Squeezers is a great snack for bigger kids with more mature palates.  My 7 y/o really didn't like it, but my 11 y/o did.  He keep bugging me to buy more since he flew through the samples.  My kids eat cafeteria lunches, but I do always encourage them to chose fruit when available. 

luckysevenwow

My four younger kids (11, 9, 6, and 3) all LOVED the FruitBurst Squeezers. These were a huge success in my family, and after a little taste myself I have to agree with them, but this type of snack wasn't new to them.

What I like about these, that the other competitors don't have is that it had a better taste. It tasted like the fruit that was on the package. I've also already had to buy more of them, I see this being added to my shopping list a lot more often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN