Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How can I get rid of these?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 6 Replies
I don't know where else to post, so sorry. The bathrooms have gnats! There is no food in the bathrooms, so I don't know why they are in there- it's horrible! Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Pour some wine or vinegar into bottles with long necks. Just a little at the bottom. Gnats will fly down there and not be able to get out. Eventually they will drown.

Basherte
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Pour some wine or vinegar into bottles with long necks. Just a little at the bottom. Gnats will fly down there and not be able to get out. Eventually they will drown.

^This.

CafeMom Tickers
Alyson121
by Alyson on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Also be sure there are no hidden leaks in your bathroom, like maybe water that maybe trapped in the floors or under the house (depending on what floor you bathroom is on)

geriniki
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I had the same problem. They were getting in from outside mostly through the drains. I was constantly using bug spray where I thought they might be getting in & downing Clorox down the drains. Finally they just disappeared one day.
preacherskid
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:10 AM

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-make-homemade-gnat-traps#.Uc7Pf8u9KSM 

Sorry not clicky

Motherhento10
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I swear by vinegar traps. I just put some vinegar in vases, make a paper cone, set that in the neck of the vases, set them around & voila- problem solved... they aren't pretty, but they work, are chemical free & are cheap!  here's an example. http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-make-a-fruit-fly-trap-h-108577

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)